Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Whats a mark?

A wonderful complete post dear Mystress and i apologize for making you toss and turn and posting at 5am. That was not my goal when i answer your questions dear MYstress. I will keep that in mind.

What is a mark? There are many types of marks and Mystress has posted a number of examples of what she has received and also what she has done to mark me in turn. But which type is more important than the other...is a bruiser more important than a scratch? is a bruise around the wrist from being held so tight better than a bruise on the inner thighs from a rough pasionate session? Is a small almost unnoticeable mark on the shoulder from ones Mystress less important than a suction mark on the chest?

To me a mark is personal with each choice having a special meaning. The degree of the mark and the WOW factor does not impress me at all. The fact that one may love many bruises on the inner thighs while another may prefer a small suction mark on the chest means the same to me. They both signify a degree of passion for ones master/mistress. The degree of commitment is not measured by the seriousness of the marks. Its just they way i think about being marked at this point in our relationship.

Now don't get me wrong...i love getting marked by my Mystress in the throes of passion. A deep red scrath across the back, or on the back of the arms...or across the chest...they all make me so proud and serve to remind me of the intense connections my Mystress and I share. Its great to wake the next morning to be reminded how much pleasure my Mystress experienced the night before which is evident in the marks. These are the marks i do love.

Marks to be remind that one belongs to a Mistress/Master is different. To me i do not feel the same connection that others may from these types of marks...I much much prefer the weight of my bracelt and my necklace. The weight of both serves as a constant reminder to me. Each time i touch them i smile thinking of my Mystress. A mark fades over time but the weight of my collars are constant and always present. They are tangible and i can touch them and feel them. This to me serves as a much stronger connection to my dear Mystress.

As elle posted in her comment...perhaps because it is so new to me that its just my current state of mind...and that in time this may change. As some of our guests may know from reading the blog...it takes sometime for me to adjust but for the most part i do. Knowing this means so much to my Mystress has forced me to think on this topic and as Mystress said...we will definitely being having our usual wonderful chat about this in the future.

With love

Paladin

No comments: