Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Taming the Stallion

Standing strong In the buffeting winds of change
and the desire to make sure that I do the right thing
for both Paladin and Myself is sometimes really really hard.

Keeping My head on straight
and knowing I'm going the right direction.

I'm a Libra... and as pet says,
(and he's not one for placing much store in this stuff)
I've exhibited most of the traits of one.
Back and forth.. trying to be diplomatic
and just and fair and people pleasing.

Tonight's chat with pet was much like that.
Reading his email to Me, discussing what he likes
and doesn't.
Willing to compromise...oh, you don't like that..
well.. okay. you don't really have to.....

Heyyyy.. hey HEY!!!
wait just one DAMN minute...
Stop, stop.. STOP! S-T-O-P!

Didn't I just make some decisions?
Didn't I JUST give some Commands and tell him what to do?

And here I am... willing to give in again?
HUMPH...
Well.. at least I caught Myself before it got too far,
too DAMN far.

Alright then.. back up pet..
yes, I said BACK UP!

Those Commands I just belayed?
I'm re-instating them!
Got it?
(yes he says.. he's got it)
What I wanna call it,
I'm GONNA call it..
My choice, MY way.
That LEAD LINE,
You do what I tell you to do with it.

The other style you say?
NOOO.. this is MY style..

And we're gonna do it MY way!

Imput.. . yeah.. you can have some.
But we'll STILL DO IT MY WAY.

Alright then...
so much for that.


Now.. it's late,
he's been in bed for a couple hours.
I'm exhausted now Myself.
Gotta get some rest so I can tame
this stallion yet again tomorrow.

Colt? Not any more he's not.
He's all grown up now.
pet, yes.. a semi-wild one.

Some sort of cross of a
Stallion and a Lion...

and that's one hell of a wild ride.
But if I needs spurs and a quirt,
I'll use 'em to tame him.

But I've got his LEAD LINE
and I'll use it to haul him into obedience.
No, this ain't no pony boy crap either.
(no offense to 'em just NOT MY STYLE).

This is a full blown, 18 hands high
mane waving, ears up, nostril snorting
hoof pawing, tail snapping, sideways dancing

wild eyed, skittish to be trained stallion.
Nope.. no pony boy here. Not a trace!

And while I don't know a darn thing about Lions
I did grow up on a horse ranch
and learned how to train even the wilder ones.
And this one appears calm and well behaved on the outside,
but he's stubborn as can be and got his mind set
as to what he thinks his style is.

Humph.. something like a mule sometimes.
But he's too pretty to be a mule.
More like a Morgan Arab cross...
which is a dangerous one.
Why? Cuz a Morgan is a big horse,
big, strong and smart.
And an Arabian, is VERY smart,
very quick.. one of the few horses to
recognize it's own reflection in water.
And hot blooded too. and lots of stamina..
and My stallion has plenty of that.
But, he's got this hard headed streak,
gets his mind set as to what he likes
and doesn't like.

So, I will yank on his LEAD LINE if I have to
and whistle to him till he kneels obediently
and I'll tug on him if I have to.

But.. underneath..
well.. I'm soft and sweet too..
I know how to rub his ears
(and other things)
and give him treats...
(yeah, we'll call it that too pet)
and in the end..
I'll mount on that mighty fyne Stallion
and like all wild and untrained stallions
he'll buck some and then settle down
and we'll go for a nice long run.
And then?

well.. we'll both ride off into the sunset
and be just
dandy.

Singing
Yippee ki-ay!

Best to all
Mystress

No comments: