Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Holiday

Pet is too kind in his words, however his facts are correct.
I also want to thank him for his loving support through
all this. He has been there via txt to offer kindness and
encouragement as I have shared with him about My
holiday plan changes at the last moment.
Since pet has mentioned it, I will fill out a bit
of the details.

Master's surgery on Mon, was more intensive then expected,
the doctors insisted that he stay until Fri.
Hence he was destined to be in the hospital on Thanksgiving Day
which precluded Him from staying here and
looking after our critters, while we went away,
and more importantly, being with His son here for that special day.

After almost two months in the hospital, he was very torn up about
losing out on this special day with his son. So.. My Knight being in
full accordance with Me, agreed that the only good option was for him
and his son to go to see his family as planned, and for Me to host
Master and his son and son's mother for Thanksgiving
Day and his son and mother for the nite as our guests here
so they could have time together as Master's son lives with Him.

It was the simply the right thing to do.

And.. while parts of it were difficult (only in that the son's mother
has a few mental health issues) it was overall very rewarding.

So it turned out to be a good thing I had ordered one
of those heat and serve Thanksgiving dinners for Master
and his son and mother to have had. So I heated
it up along with some homemade gravy and cramberry sauce.

Master was out on a short pass from 10-6,
but he was in much pain and we took him back early.
He was due to be released the next morning at 10am,
but do to a mix up, was not released until 5pm.

So his son and I kept him company, and then they
came to stay with us last nite,
and My own dear Knight had returned by then.
He and Master are best of friends
and they had a wonderful time laughing together
about a many things.
Master was thrilled to be out of the hospital,
and it was obvious that his young son was also
thrilled to have his Dad around.
As pet would say, a good time was had by all.
I did have to awaken at 4am to give Master His pain meds
and then again at 8. Can't let that sorta pain get out of
control or it is too hard to get under control again.
A simple meal of hearty grains and coffee sufficed for breakfast.

Alas, My movie plans for today also fell through,
but that is all fyne for I spent much of the
day taking Master home, getting His bandages
changed (as per the instruction by His doctor yesterday)
and Him settled in at home with a ice chest full
of Thanksgiving leftovers so that He won't have
to worry about cooking for a while.

I too am now quietly settled in Myself for a peaceful
afternoon and eve of TV and our own Thanksgiving leftovers.
Pet is out to the movies himself with a friend and I do hope
that he is having a grand time.

Tomorrow, I will indeed get to see My very own pet..
and we shall see what the day brings.
It has been a nice but stressful few days,
and tomorrow will be My day to play and relax!
I am looking very very forward to it.

As always..
best to all,
Mystress

No comments: