Monday, January 21, 2008

Reflections on Paladin as a submissive


Last nite we read persephone's latest blog entry about looking at the 'other side of submissiveness' about male submissives. This led to a discussion between us about Paladin and his submissiveness and we reflected together about our relationship and what it means to us. Persephone wrote about a getting to know a male submissive friend, and trying to understand the male submissive mindset. One would not be able to understand the 'typical' male submissive mindset through Paladin and Myself very well. We have a Arthurian sort of relationship and that indeed makes us a bit different. I suppose if a Queen had a Knight who was her pleasure slave (or consort) then that would be a very close comparison to the way that we are. Many of his requirements are the same as any other submissive, be they male or female. For instance, he always tries to do everything he can to be as pleasing to Me as possible. He is very protective of Me in all ways.. physically, mentally and emotionally. He defers to Me in all things, My word is Law. He is gallant, courtly and always quick to do anything that makes Me happy and to follow whatever rules I have set up for him to follow. This never minimizes his masculinity in any way. This is the pattern of our relationship. What is different is that I am the only one he will submit to. Also, I do not like to use physical punishment on him if I can help it, where as perersephone's owners use quite a bit of it on her.

persephone is quite a bit younger then us.. and she is a owned by a couple.. and in their relationship, she is their 'little girl', their 'pet'. In our relationship, Paladin is My protector, My Knight, and My pleasure slave. As I posted in the comment section on persephone's blog, Paladin's service is much the opposite of hers, for in our case, most of Paladin's service is of a highly sexual nature, while her owners do not use her sexually very often, certainly not as often as I use Paladin.. which would be... well... er..... every time we are together. . Mmmmm.. and how so! Hours and hours of it. They do use her sometimes, but that does not seem to be the primary focus of their relationship as it is with ours. I do not know what they were looking for when they came across her, but I was specifically looking for a pleasure slave and I do believe that he was looking to serve in the same way. His duty is to always provide all of the pleasure that I demand of him, and I demand a very high amount of it from him. I'd much rather have pleasure with him then spank him or pretty much anything else.


persephone says that her submissive friend has the same 'submissive neediness' that she does.
I am familiar with that neediness, having had it Myself in the past as a submissive. However...Paladin does not have that neediness. I had to explain it to him last nite as he was quite unaware of the phenomenon, and I still not sure he got it. The closest he gets to is it missing Me sometimes. Paladin is very self sufficient.. he doesn't 'need' anyone or anything to be happy within himself. Perhaps I wish that he did 'need' Me sometimes. He's never said that he 'needs' Me. He misses Me.. but I don't know that he 'needs' Me.

But then, Paladin is a highly unusual 'submissive'. His desire is to be submissive to Me, but he is not submissive to others, nor does he react to Dom energy as most submissives do. In fact, he is more likely to run Dom energy then submissive energy if I am not around. When I do put him in control, he does it very, very well and I think it's generally pretty easy for him within certain boundaries. When I mentioned to him last nite about him being in control and hanging on with both hands, his response was along the lines of "and with both feet, and thighs and anything else I can control it with!" That is certainly true.

I read the line about persephone's owners saying that they thought it was time to meet 'her little friend' (referring to her submissive friend).... I looked up at Paladin.. and his height, breadth, his muscles and smiled... one thing that no one would ever call Paladin is a 'little friend'. the line struck Me that Paladin was as being as far away from your 'typical' male submissive as possible. All of My friends who have met Paladin have been quite awed by him. The ladies all certainly admire him and crave to experience him. He does have a sexual magnetism to him that makes several of them drool. He is quite unaware of it himself, but I most certainly am. He is very gallant in everything that he does in regards to Me. Being at him home is like being at a most amazing spa... being pampered and served and pleasured.

The analogy of a male submissive being compared to a large, protecting dog like a German Shepard is to some degree close.. One of his jobs certainly is to protect Me.. in fact, the first part of his mantra to Me say that "I am your protector..." I do call him 'pet', however I have never seen him as one. If I were to see Paladin as an animal, it would much more as a stallion. And not a totally tamed one either. One that is stubborn and partially trained, but mostly cooperative with a specific rider. Mmmm..and this may well embarrass Paladin to some degree.. but I would suffice it to say that he is much more endowed then any dog, not quite a stallion, but more that then a dog certainly. (wide grin)

persephone also mentions that during the course of the evening, her friend was quite focused on her owner (as most subs would be to a Dom), and not on her as she is rather used to, somewhat to the point of persephone being a bit irritated by it. (smile) I can relate to that as well, for I like to be the center of Paladin's attention. He however never expects to be the center of attention and in fact, would rather not be. I am always highly gratified by his attention to Me at any time, any place. He is never more then an arms reach away from Me if we are out somewhere, and usually closer. I am very aware of how focused he is on Me at all times and how closely he watches Me to make sure that there is nothing that I might want or need.

Paladin has also brought about a large shift in My own perceptions of Myself. For years and years.. I was indeed a submissive. I was very much like persephone Myself. But... upon reflection.. I am not anymore. Nor do I identify that way anymore. No.. I am a Mystress now, and that has become My identity to a large degree. Owning Paladin has 'switched' Me to such a degree that I have a hard time picturing Myself going back.

Speaking with one of My dearest friends today about all this and Paladin.. and the uniqueness of his submission to Me made Me think and appreciate the specialness of it. Because of the very fact that he is NOT submissive to anyone else on the planet. That no one else ever sees that special smile.. or his eyes light up.. or know the secrets that I know about him. He is something of an enigma to his friends. I know more about him then his family or long time friends. He would question anything anyone else ever told him to do, but not Me. How special is that? Most subs will submit to the Dom energy of others.. I know I would have in the past. But not Paladin.
The bottom line being... that I am special to him as he is to Me. Although...I could Dom someone else.. but he would not submit to anyone else...and it is said that submission is a great gift that a submissive gives to those they consent to let Dom them.

And in that frame of mind.... then Paladin's gift of submission is all that and more to Me.. because of the uniqueness of his submission to Me. And it is something I never take for granted.. and always appreciate and am even in awe of.

He is the most unusual submissive I have ever known..and he, this magnificent Paladin is Myne.
And towards that.. I thank persephone very much, for it is through the reflection of her blog that I have found an even deeper appreciation of Paladin then ever before.

Thank you pet for being Myne...

Best to all,
Mystress

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mystress,

i'm sorry that it has taken me so long to see this post! i have certainly enjoyed reading it and i will forward the link to my owners.

i really liked reading about paladin's submission from this angle. it makes a lot of sense. and i could feel how much it must please you to have such a confident and dynamic person dedicated to your pleasure.

indeed, my littleness makes me very different from paladin. perhaps my youth is part of it, but i do feel tremendous fulfillment from regressing on my owners' command and in the safety of their ownership.

i think that when my owners went looking for me, they were seeking someone for whom they could create an immersive experience, and looked from there to see what kind of focus could mutually benefit all of us. and our relationship did begin as very sexual, but it naturally evolved to what it is today. i've got a bit of that damsel in distress thing going on, so there has been plenty of content for my owners to use to mold me and change me for my own good and their ongoing pleasure.

all that said, i do have a goal of being more like paladin in his ability to be submissive only to you and unaffected by other dominant energy. my owners have demanded this of me and it's something that i'm working hard to achieve.

really enjoyed this post. thanks again and very best wishes.

persephone

Mystress said...

Persephone...
Sorry I missed this comment for such a long time!

Yes.. the two of you are different.. but, you are also quite the same in that you both are devoted to, and love your owners very much. You both strive to do all you can to be as pleasing as possible to them.

I can feel your 'littleness' when you write, and I do believe it's often within that 'littleness' that you sometimes spontaneously act out as little girls are apt to do.

Paladin on the other hand, is not in the role of being little, but quite the opposite, as My Protector. He has a ready smile and easy sense of humor, but left to himself, he tends to be rather serious.

It is wonderful that as different as you two are, you both find great fulfillment in your roles! I know I certainly find a lot of it for Myself as his Mystress.

Best to you always little one,
Mystress