Friday, January 11, 2008

Assumptions are Dangerous and Other Thoughts

Assumptions will often get you in trouble. Paladin made one this morning that might have gotten him in big trouble if I was in such a mood. I am making a exception because he meant well. However...meaning well does not change the rules or else it would much to easy for chaos to ensue.

Paladin is supposed to text Me whenever he wakes up in the morning. It's the first thing he is supposed to do when his eyes open, before his feet hit the floor. Doesn't matter what time it is. I knew he had a unusually early morning meeting and was awake waiting for his text since around 6:15. Now, I didn't expect him to be up quite that early, but thought he would be around 6:30ish
There have been a couple times where pet has over slept a bit, and once I called and woke him so that he could get to work on time. Knowing this, I was a bit concerned about him being up earlier then usual. And as I just happened to wake up early, I was pseudo awake until I knew he was up alright. I was not exactly sure what time this early meeting was going to be, but knew he had to be up by 7 at the latest.

At 7:03 I sent him a text to ask if he was up yet, and he wrote back to say yes, he had been waiting for his normal time to send his text, around 7:03-05. Next came his morning pic, meaning he had been up, showered and was now dressed. I wrote back and told him that it is NOT up to him to think, nor to decide when to text. His Command is to do it when he wakes up. He wrote back and apologized. I am posting about this because I think its an important subject.

Subs don't get to change the rules, nor make the decisions in regards to their Owners. While pet 'thought' he was being thoughtful by not waking Me up with his text, that is not what his rule is. It is hard and fast. Text Me when you wake up. No matter what time. If you can't sleep and are up early, you are still to text Me. I want to know what time you woke up so that I will know the state of your wakefulness and how long you've been up. Same rule goes for your headaches, which is indeed a new rule for you. I want to know when you have them and not have to ask you anymore. Because I can do something about then with Reiki, it's not up to you to think you have the choice not to tell Me. I know you need dark, quiet and rest when they occur. Again, something that I as your Owner need to be aware of.

We Owners make rules for a variety of reasons. Some we communicate to you and some we don't. Some are flexible but many of them are not. But, again, it is never for a sub to decide which are which. All should be taken as hard and fast unless it is specifically discussed - in advance.

Now, to ramble and think a bit out loud about something Paladin said in his post. Yes, I am going to pets this weekend as he did need his rest last nite. And when I am there, I do let him do some of the things to Me that I do to him. And.. I enjoy it very very much. He is amazing at what he does. And we have made some plans for him to do those to Me this weekend. And I did indeed give him a very long and erotic spanking. I have had these pleasurable ones Myself in the past from past Masters. And there is a huge difference between a spanking for punishment or discipline, and one done slowly, lovingly and erotically. There is something about the slow building of endorphins. What I am not so sure of, is if I am going to let him to one do Me. My first inclination is "heck no!" But... upon further thought.. I'm not so sure. Getting any sort of spanking puts one in a submissive space. Well.. so does being blindfolded and tied for that matter. And there is something I do find incredibly erotic about it. But.. I have always maintained in the past with Paladin, that of all the things I do let him do, the one thing I wouldn't, is to spank Me. I was a bit surprised that he brought it up, and that he seems to want to do it. And I know that he has good reasons for wanting to do it.. to give Me some pleasure because he found it so pleasurable.

In the past, I have put him 'in charge'. And to some degree, he did a good job, but his heart wasn't in it. And I don't really desire to 'switch' our roles very much. But this whole thing this weekend has been Paladin's idea. From wanting to tie Me up for hours of pleasure, to this most recent idea of his.

It has come rather out of the blue to Me, and I'm not exactly sure what to think. But, I am willing to keep an open mind about it all. In the end, I suppose that this is one of those things that I'll just have to see how it evolves. If there are so many other things that I am willing to let him do.. why not this? Well. because I guess it's always been rather the ultimate in submission. But.. in the end.. it comes down to trust. And not only do I love Paladin... I trust him totally. And.. he is willing to explore something with Me that will also take a lot of trust on his behalf, so to Me.. that does make us equal in regards to trust.

So... we'll see what happens next in our ever evolving journey.

Meanwhile.. as always.. best to all out there,
and thanks for stopping by.

Mystress

2 comments:

Lady Janon said...

Your post had me smiling and nodding the whole way-ESPECIALLY the part about headaches.

Pet really hates to admit weakness and hates to let me down, which I appreciate but at the same time it means he's not checking in with himself enough. He will go go go then BAM, headache or whatever.

I keep having to bring him back to--you don't have I choice. It is a rule to take care of yourself, LOL.

Great blog, I enjoyed the archives too!

Paladin said...

Thank you for the wonderful words and welcome to the blog. Mystress and i hope you enjoy your stay with us and come back often.