Monday, September 24, 2007

Catching up with pet

pet has done a wonderful job catching up his posts,
and writing all that I asked of him.

Firstly.. his protocols.
He has written them all out quite well.
I think any who was looking to find a good
example of some to find, could certainly
read pet's post and have a full understanding
of all that he does. And he does them in a quite
extra-ordinary way as well. He has a very very
logical mind, and that is part of what I have tried to
take into accordance with him when I have devised
these for him.

As he says, there are some to be added at some future
time, along with him practicing more of some
of his positions. But for now, and for a while,
his list is extensive enough, and I have no
desire to overwhelm him in anyway.

As for asking for Grace..
Yes.. that is something he needs to do
when he knows in advance that he won't
be able to do a duty or assignment before
it arises. Tis a different matter altogether if
he simply forgets to do it.
And Grace does not mean he is exempt
from it, only that it tis delayed until he can do it.

Asking for Grace in advance makes pet
human, and shows him that no matter
how much he generally wants to do things,
sometimes, things do fall beyond our control.
He once said I gave him Grace before he had a
chance to ask for it. So.. I have followed his
guidance on this and left it to him to do.
I have also left off prompting him when
it appears a duty is coming up that he is forgetting.

I will however watch over him and protect
him as best I can in regards to his work mornings,
which his missing the alarm is few and far between.

We have both commented on the last visit,
and I look very forward to our one on Tue.

And next,
his sword.
It is a piece I am very proud of.
Finding exactly the right one that fit
the elegance of pet was not an easy task.
There were many out there.
And.. having done jewelry work for
many years, finding and putting together
exactly the right pieces meant a lot to Me as well.
The final touches were added this past week,
and I am now finally, well satisfied with it.
It does have many meanings to Me,
and I hope to him. I am touched that it
brings him a peace when he wears it.
Wearing it is optional for him when I am
not present, but he must always have it on when I
am. I wanted the sterling silver of his sword
to match the sterling silver of the heart and bracelet
that he gave to Me.
It is fitting of the Paladin that he is.


Lastly.. I add thanks..
yet again..
to pet's forbearing and patience with Me.
He says I am the 'best dom'.. but.. that is far from true.
For I try his patience sometimes, and confuse and
confound him at others.
I do not mean to, but sometimes I do have Myne
own challenges, and they can cause Me to be less then logical,
while pet on the other hand, is unerringly logical.
That is simply how we both are.
We can both be challenging to each other sometimes,
but, we do work hard to over come it through
compromise and communication.
This sort of relationship is not always easy,
but I do believe we are both strongly committed to
making it work.

Some folks say that there should be no compromises,
that the Domme sets the rules, and the sub follows them.
Well, perhaps that works for some, but in our case,
we are both learning. And I have to remember how much
more time and experience I have vs pet, and give him the
Grace to be himself within this, and give him the time
and space he needs as well.

Sacrifice is not easily come to, no matter how
it may sound as if it is. But..
that's why.. it tis..
Sacrifice..
for both of us.

wishing all well,
Mystress

No comments: