Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Answer to a good question:

Sometimes insight comes from unexpected places.
This time, from My own answer to a group that
I find some personal merit in for Myself.
I do not agree with everything there, and
I will abide by My agreement to pet.

However.. having been around the net and
these sorts of groups in the past,
I perhaps find them easier to understand
and to glean from them the bits and pieces
that are useful, and let go of those parts that
are not.

However... I do like to learn from different sources
and not limit Myself too much to only those that I
agree with all of the time.

So.. this week they did pose what I felt was a
useful question. And so I post their question,
and My answer.

The Question was.. what does a Dominant need
from their submissive?

My answer is:

As a Mystress, there are several things that I need.
Communication is the main one.
Knowing where my subs mind is.
As has been said before, I am not a mind reader.
Intuitive, yes, mind reader,no.

Within the boundaries of the relationship,
especially one who has accepted my collar,
then next I would say is unquestioning obedience.
The issues of trust have well come up and been solidified by this point.
There are no doubts there that I would lead said individual
into any place dangerous or do something more then I knew
they could handle.Like was said before, I have a good grasp
on a bigger picture and knowthat stretching those comfort
zones and limits is all a part of the training and
development of a submissive.
I desire simply the answer of 'yes Mystress'
to any given reasonable Command.

Also, sacrifice (and this is the important part) with JOY.
And this I can clearly state as something I know and do
as a submissive myself.
To offer as much solace and peace of mind as possible
to one's Master or Mistress.
To accomadate them above and beyond the call of duty and
to offer anything that I can to the best of all my abilities that would
make their lives happier and easier.
To sacrifice with resentment ordisgruntalment
is not remotely the same thing.
And to offer without having to be asked is even better.
To know and anticipate what will be
of the best benifit to ones Master or Mistress
and even to the degree that a sub is able to surprise them
with such a gift of themselves is a truly remarkable thing.
To re-arrange a schedule, to give up something one desired
to please one's Domme, to not just compromise, but to truly
submit to the pleasing of the Other because it is fulfilling to do so.
These are (at least to me) all gifts that warm one's heart and know
that as a Mystress, my sub truly desires to not just please me, but
that they are concerned about my well being and are willing to go to
almost any length to submit to the greater good of the relationship.

I have done this many times as a submissive myself much to the joy of
my own Owner and the pleasure that I know this gives to him is far
beyond the simplicity of the sacrifice I gave.
And tis in this state,that I found the greatest joy as a submissive,
and that I find as Mystress.

We all look for different things in our D/s relationships.
They fulfill different parts of us at different times.
But to be able to count on that sub, that they will always be
there to offer us what they can with not just obedience,
but with truly joyful and radient acquiescene is
the very best thing that I as a Mystress
could ever want or desire from my sub.

And to that, I will add a short thing of what a sub needs from their
Domme, and that is 'grace' for those times that they cannot serve in
the ways we would like them to due to circumstances often beyond their
control. For 'grace' is to give what is not justified, but a boon
granted to them.
And.. that is something we all need to give to
ourselves, and each other as much as possible.

Best to all,
Mystress

No comments: