Monday, April 21, 2008

Paladin's Sacrifice and Mystress's Gratitude

Paladin rescued Me from a bit of a meltdown and I am very very grateful to him for it. I was having a very rough time getting things sorted out over Friday and the weekend, and not the sort of co-operation that I needed to get what I needed done done. Spinning whells in the sand and possible huge family living arrangements changes happening this week had Me in My own private uproar... except for Paladin.. who knew that I was feeling very frazzled and on edge.

It was one of those wanting to run and hide somewhere days I get sometimes. And.. a lack of control in addition to all of the above. But now.. after a wonderfully unexpected day and evening away with Paladin..and must admit, I feel 1000000000% better. I have certainly come to miss him after just a few days apart. He has a... steadiness to him that is very good for Me. And there are frustrations that I can talk with him about that he can help Me with as he knows the situation first hand. His advice is always level headed and good for Me. In this case.. frustration at not being able to get the things done I wanted to had led Me into a tailspin.

This was supposed to have been Paladin's weekend to hole up totally alone and simply veg himself. But instead, after I sent him an email and while we were having our Sun morning chat... he told Me that I was welcome to come spend yesterday with him. I was anxious, and hesitant as this was supposed to be time for him alone. But he truly seemed to be alright with it. I can't begin to say how much the idea of escaping to his 'sauna' appealed to Me. (smiles)

After I arrived, I put My phone on the charger in the bedroom with the sound off and turned everything off but relaxing for the day. It was like a one day mini-vacation. Sometimes I can reset Paladin's buttons.. and yesterday, he reset Mine. Of the many ways that he gives Me pleasure and is of service to Me.. this was one of the most healing and rewarding days ever. I truly NEEDED him.. and bless his dear sacrificial heart... he came through for Me. I know that there are times he can, and times he can't. And I always understand when he can't. I know it's never because he does not want to, but simply how life if sometimes.

There was a movie he had on DVD we had been wanting to see for a couple of months now. So, yesterday was the day that we curled up together and watched the extended version of. With a delightful pre-movie bit of pleasure.. some intermission pleasure and some after the movie pleasure. We had home made phad thai and watched Big Brother together. He gave Me a wonderful wonderful back massage.. and I returned the favor with him leaning back against Me in the tub.

I can't begin to say how much the time with Paladin helped Me yesterday. Being away from the frustrations was an enormous help, and this morning I felt much more balanced and ready to deal with some challenging issues. I have already gotten many things sorted out today that I simply wasn't able to cope with yesterday. I own him a great debt of gratitude for duty above and beyond the call of duty. A part of Me felt badly that I was taking this day of isolation away from him and I shall have to find a way to make it up to him. Now.. some folks would say that he's the submissive and I the Domme.. and I don't have to do that. Well.. that might be all well and good and true, but.. it is NOT how I feel about this situation. I am.. profoundly grateful to him.. and I want him to know it. And how appreciative I am of him. He does so very much for Me, that each day I know I am deeply blessed to have him in My life.

This was a really a low key time for us both, except for him being in excellent pleasure giving mode.. and he was able to truly relax Me in many ways... and I hope he knows.. just how grateful I truly truly am to him! Thank you, thank you, thank you pet!!!

With much love and affection for Her amazing Paladin,
Mystress


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mystress and Paladin - what a wonderful thing to be there for your Mistress. There could be no higher form of reward (and pleasure) then to know you have helped ease Mystress' distress. Seeing, hearing and feeling her return to a centered state could only be a joy for you( and of course for her).

Your closeness and remarkable relationship serves as a huge inspiration to us all and we rejoice in your caring service.

May you have many more wonderful and healing times together.

kajira robert said...

Mystress, every one has bad days Ma'am. I am glad Your Highness has a sancuary to heal and recharge. Safe in the hands of Your Knight. All is as it should be Ma'am. I pray this week is gentler on Your Gracious soul and all those fortunate enough to be graced by Your wonderful presence find that lovely smile we love so much abundant and pleasing Ma'am. Respectfully kneeling in Your Gracious service, Your humble pet, Robert

Paladin said...

I am always happy to do what i can for my Mystress whenever i can and yesterday i had the opportunity to do something for my Mystress..so i did. I am so glad Mystress had a good time and recharge nicely.

Welcome to the blog too anon...hope you stick around and enjoy the blog.

Thank you too Robert for your wonderful words too...I know they make our Mystress very happy.

Anonymous said...

I thrill to read these posts. It amazes me the intensity and beauty that is the relationship you two share. Your words and style of love have become the staple with which I train my submissives. I have a submissive who reminds me so much of paladin. He enjoys his reading assignment of this blog and loves to send me his required email, with his thoughts on your posts and what they mean to him personally. He and I are very happy fans of your writings, and avid supporters of your lifestyle.

Personally, thank you for sharing with those of us out there (me) who were at one time only aware of the darker side of this life and thus afraid to experience what is in our nature. Your words, your gentle love and beauty in submission and a symbiotic relationship have given me so much light. I've even begun the tentative steps to post my own stories as they come... It pales in comparison to your words, but it is my freedom of expression. Thank you for giving me and my submissives, the voices we knew we had.

Muse
http://dominantmuse.wordpress.com

Mystress said...

To all of those of you that have commented....

I am very glad that our blog brings enjoyment to others out there. We began this in private.. a way to simply communicate with each other. But a couple of friends that I had invited to read said that they thought we were different enough that it would be nice to have something of an 'alternative' to read. So.. we decided to open it up and we were both surprised to find that others added us to their blog roles.

Paladin's sacrifice of his day of isolation did mean a lot to Me. And as Muse uses the word 'symbiotic' to describe us, does feel very accurate to Me. For what we have is not just about My controlling him.. nor just his submission to Me. But.. about how we fit into each other and the places that we each need that we fulfill for each other.

I would say that we do both 'need' each other now. Perhaps we always did.. and that empty place that we both sought to fill simply has gotten so well filled that we can never go back to as we were, alone.

Paladin says we are in this for the long run.. and he most certainly means that, as do I. Paladin is considered to be a part of 'us' by My Knight and I now.

Again.. I thank all for their kind comments and wish all the best to all,

with warm thoughts,
Mystress

Paladin said...

Wow is all i can say to your post Muse. It warms my heart and my Mystress's when we learn that our style is something someone else finds so special and the fact that you borrow from our style to train your own submissives makes us very very happy.

We do hope the blog keeps you entertained and again..welcome to the blog