Friday, April 25, 2008

Introduced....

Both Paladin and I have written about our schedule being changed because because of the company that My Knight and I have visiting. This is a My Knights best friend from college, who last fall moved a long ways away. He has known My Knight longer then anyone else.

We have always kept our '3rds' private from his friend before, he's met them, but he never knew the role that they had in our lives besides being 'just' our friend. Well... My Knight has decided to change that in regards to Paladin. He surprised Me the other night by telling Me that he had told his friend about Myself, and Paladin. That I am Paladin's Mystress. Well.. this as I say, surprised Me quite a bit as My Knight has always kept this part of our lives very private from his friend. But he says that he wants Me to be able to see Paladin, and have him with us without having any secrets from his friend...and so My Knight has decided to break the silence on this to his friend.

And it's been odder then heck to chat with this long time friend about Paladin.. to answer some of his questions about him. And to try and be clear as to the sort of Mystress that I am (no black leather outfits and boots). This morning, it was decided that since My Knight is going to be busy this afternoon, that his friend will drive Me up to meet Paladin this afternoon when work gets out. -blink- blink-. and that.. we have been requested to have dinner with My Knight and his friend on Sunday afternoon. Okay..... certainly. So.. this has all be quite sudden.. and again.. surprising to Me..to have kept this part of My Knight and I secret for so long and now.. it's all out of the bag. That just like our many friends who have known and met Paladin.. this especially long term friend now knows about us.

I am.. yes...just a bit nervous. But the friend seems quite content and understanding about it. Of course.. he has known that My Knight has been part of a mfm triad since college... and he knows them quite well also..but this is ME now.... soo... yeah...it's just a bit weird to have a vanilla friend know about the un-vanilla sides. I think a big part of what he wants is to meet Paladin and make sure that he is an honorable man... which of course.. he is.

Anyways...I expect we'll both write again sometimes Sunday evening. So.. off I go now to get ready..

Best wishes to all..
Mystress

4 comments:

kajira robert said...

Mystress...
Bravo for your knight. It is hard to hide the truth in all ways and even harder to live a fibe. The truth can only serve to overcome any seeds of deceit that may come to foster an even more gruesome misconception of an imagined reality and perhaps drive a wedge between a treasured brotherhood.
The Truth shall set You free Ma'am...Kisses,Your humble pet, Robert

kajira_stephen said...

Mystress - I understand your nervousness and relate to your concern. Coming out of any guarded situation can be hard if it is unexpected or sudden. In the end i believe you will be better for it as kajira_robert has said. Our society is stodgy from a Puritan ethic but it is nice to know there are others that live a more varied life. Hurrah for you and Paladin and your Knight. May you have a wonderful time and grow with the experiences.

kajira_stephen

Mystress said...

Thank you kajira's for your comments. It did all go very smoothly and it was amazing to sit at dinner with 3 such charming men. I felt very lucky let Me tell you! And everyone got on quite well. We as I said, had a delightful dinner with good friends all around.

Paladin fitting in just perfectly with the two of them. And I liked it when they spoke of some history I was not familiar with, but the 3 of them were.

My Knight and his friend had a nice weekend, although My Knight worked much of it so his friend visited with his sister.

It IS nice to have Paladin introduced to our friend as who he is in our 'family'. And he and My Knight laughed at us when they asked if we'd had a good time. I believe they said we were 'glowing'. And so I am sure that we are.

So.. I feel very blessed, to have such a good friend that welcomed Paladin into our family so warmly. It was obvious that he (like everyone else who has ever met him) liked Paladin very much.

And with that, I am off to catch up on some rest. (smile)s
Mystress

Paladin said...

It was great to meet some more of Mystress's friends and an honor for sure to be introduced to them. I do try to make Mystress proud each time.