Thursday, December 27, 2007

Surprised

Paladin managed to totally surprise Me last nite.

As he writes, we had been talking about his difficulty being spontaneous. Pet keeps lists and schedules more then anyone I've ever known, especially for a man. He says he's been this way since he was a child. That's a bit scary. I never met any child who kept lists. Pet never does anything that isn't well planned in advance. And he's never drawn outside the lines. MMMmmm, how very British of him.

In our chat last nite, we talked about the different ways that different D/s couples are with each other. Since neither of us is turned on by pain very much, we find other ways to stretch. So, teaching pet to be more 'spontaneous' of his own accord is one of those such ways. I have given him assignments in the past, having him identify different things he can do spontaneously that would please Me. And while he has said them, he's rarely done them, and nothing that I would call 'surprising'. I had done these exercises with him in the week leading up to Christmas, and then sat back to see if he would do any of them. (sigh) He didn't. Something of a failed test, but one that he had no idea of.

But... pet HAS developed his intuition considerably since we met, and he was able to pick up yesterday that I wasn't in the happiest of moods. I had determined that I wasn't going to speak to him directly about it, but to do more exercises with him and see if in time he wouldn't begin to come around and find a way to act more spontaneously. I did not desire to make Paladin feel bad about something that was so new to him still, something that he is still adjusting his mind too, and a test that he had no idea he was being tested on. But as he realized that something was amiss, he had set himself to figure it out. This I also appreciated. I have Myne own stubborn streak sometimes and I was being so last nite. But he was persistent and while he never got exactly what it was I had wanted out of Me, I believe that he got the basic idea's of it. And I am sure it will be discussed over the next couple days some. We do see to do some of our best communications while in the warmth of his big oval tub.

But.. back to the surprise.. during the course of our conversation, Paladin asked Me what My Fri was going to be like. I told him I had nothing planned and that I was off work. He then asked if I would spend Fri nite with him as well as tonight. Now for those that haven't read frequently, pet normally has a guys night out on Fri's, and one of the promises that I made to him was that I would never interfere with him in regards to those Fri's, other then once every 6-8 weeks I'd like to see him on a Fri nite for a 'long' weekend. And it's been a couple of months since I have seen him then, but I am not generally inclined to ask.

So, I was genuinely surprised when he brought this up. He has done this before, changing his Fri plans for Me, but that has been when he had to work on a Thur and so he substituted Fri. But this Fri really did surprise Me. I asked him if this was a planned change or a spontaneous one. He said he had decided when he realize that I seemed to be not My normal happy self yesterday. And I have to admit, it certainly did improve My mood considerably. And I was also very touched by his perceptiveness and his taking spontaneous action as well. I will look forward to the next couple of nites with Paladin. Things have been hectic here and the peace of of Paladin's home will be very welcome.

I meant it when I wrote and told him that a few unexpected days away with him would be one of the best gifts of the season. I shall take My laptop with Me so that I can keep in touch while pet is at work tomorrow. It will be interesting to be in his bed without him there in the morning, but I have a wonderful new Diana Gabladon book to read and the quietness of his place will certainly lend to that!

All in all, I am touched and surprised by My Paladin in this, and as such, I'll have to find ways to surprise him as well over the next couple of days.

As always,
best to all out there,
Mystress

No comments: