Thursday, June 5, 2008

To Own Pets...

And to be responsible for them, is to Me a big responsibility. And not one I take lightly at all.
I am very lucky to have two such pets.

One of course is My amazing Paladin... and tonight I'll be spending a last night with him before a busy weekend for him, and then as he says, a trip out of town for the week. I have gotten quite used to My lovely 'spa' time with him. I know that as he says, we will stay connected while he is gone on his trip. Thank goodness for cell phones and text messages as well as MMS messages. Pet will have to send Me all of his regular pics plus a few extras to hold Me over till he gets back.
As always, I expect our reunion to be quite pleasurable.

I will also have kajira robert to keep Me company when Paladin is away.. and while cyber isn't near the same thing as reality.. his mostly quick obedience (even when its sprinkled with his quick wit) is amusing. We do have a rather good time flying around in Second Life and visiting new spots. And I like to tease him about when he finally does come to our town for a vist.. all of the things he'll have to look forward to. (wicked grin)

It has been going on 5 years now since I 'collared' kajira robert online... and a year for Paladin in real life. I have learned alot in that time.. but I have truly come into My own in the year since Paladin. He has taught Me who I am to Myself.. and what I want and desire. Like in My last post.. I speak of how what I want and what others say we are supposed to be are often two different things. I am blessed in that My two subs understand and support My way of being.
They are both strong willed men who choose to submit to Me. And I am always grateful to them for that.

I told Paladin the other night, that its not always easy though. There are still often things I want that I know he is uncomfortable with. And so, how much do I stretch him? Sometimes I will grant him grace on something...and then.. wish I hadn't. I do get some very wicked ideas.. and more often then not, when I ask him how such a thing might make him feel, his answer is 'very submissive Mystress." Which is exactly the answer that I do want. I want to stretch him some.. and make him uncomfortable some too. And sometimes.. I want him to do something that will please Me unasked... something he knows I'll like... just to surprise and please Me.
He's often a shy pet... and that can lead to some whimsy on My part as far as having him do something out of his box that I know he doesn't want to do. And sometimes...no matter how much I want him too.. its not 'proper'. I don't care... but he does. And its those times I have to realize how much he already does for Me... how far he has come in this almost year of time.
To look at where we are now, and where we started... and no matter what I want..
Like any responsible pet owner... I have to be that.. responsible to him..and take care of him, and look after him.

But.... I can still hope he'll have th courage.. and the adventurous heart to do something
totally outside his box on a whim for Me.

I'll still pet him and love him, even if he doesn't...
but as Amazing Grace said...

"but wouldn't it be nice...."

Best to all,
Mystress





6 comments:

unspeakable axe said...

What a beautiful post.

Here's hoping there are more like you out there.

kajira robert said...

To Mystress & Your Paladin
First, may i congradulate you brother, on a year of fine service to Our Queen. It is a delight to see the beautiful smile on Her
Gracious lips and the song in Her Loving Heart you have put there with your dedication and service supreme.
I have never seen Her stronger then She IS since collaring you. Kudo's and please have a safe trip. We will miss you.

And thank-You Ma'am, For the strength You give us to serve You with pride and dignity.
May you, Axe, one day find the one that fits like a glove too brother. It is a wonderous miracle well worth the journey. Peace be wit you.
Respectfully,Mystress Swans humble pet, Robert...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Mystress and paladin for that beautiful year and the many more that I'm sure are to follow.

And to Mystress and kajira robrt for such a long term relationship in an online world where tastes and such are generally so fickle, I congratulate you both too.

Mystress, I was just talking about this with my girl yesterday (seriously), about the how's and whys of my decisions which may or may not push my pets. Mostly I do not push too hard. I too like you may have some ideas and things I want to try out, but to push it would be to hurt my pets and that would upset me further than the happiness I'd get from pushing something.

But I am very lucky too, in that my subs are also willing to push themselves. So it works out well in the give and take.

And if this doens't make too much sense it's 4am on friday ;) But hopefully you can see that I too, understand.

Bbe well everyone,
DM

kajira robert said...

Lady Muse....Thank-You Ma'am, for Your generous words. They make Mystress's pet blush. For sure it is the year of the Mistress all around the world. Again.
For me, it is that "push" that tingles. I would spend all day curled up on the foot of Mystress's bed if it wasn't for that gentle nudge that sends me over the edge and puts the spring in my step. Everyday just a wee bit earlier, that nudge comes. But everday also just a wee bit more spring in my step...:)
Hopefully the chores will be done early this week and Mystress will grab the leash and let me tag along and as She makes the rounds in that Sisterhood She cherrishes so dearly in all of You.
With brothers inpending abscence, i've been asking Mystress for Her itinerary. She just grins and tells me to wax the candles and make sure the artichoke dip is fresh for Her guests. I guess its dark where She meets Her Friends, these Gracious, albet, hungry Ladies...
I'll lite a candle for You Ma'am, so we might find O/our way to Your charming company once again. Respectfully, Mystress Swan's humble pet, robert...
ps- Thank-You Ma'am, and Your wonderful pets for the wonderful gifts Lady Muse. The threads fit fine.

Mystress said...

Thank you axe for your kind words. Like robert, I too wish you all the best and hope that your quest will in time find you the Lady that you most need to feel whole, just as we all found each other.

Thank you kajira for your support and input as always. I like how you wax poetic for us!

and Muse for your kind comments as well. And I understood exactly what it was You were saying smiles). Knowing how and when to push our pets.. what we desire and Command of them is a fyne line sometimes, but I believe we do it with the best of intentions!

5 years IS a long time in this realm. There have been some gaps along the way, depending on what was going on in our lives at the time, but we always knew the other was out there. And since discovering Second Life, we'd had ever so much more fun.

Thanks to all for the congrats as well.. however Paladin's and My year won't be till the end of next month, hence the 'almostness' of it. We just spoke last nite of how lucky we are, and we do know it indeed.

I have put Paladin in charge of whatever or wherever we go that anniversary weekend for us. He knows I dearly love surprises, and this is one of his assignments to take care of the planning of this, as I did for our redwood and Monterey trips.

Wishing the best to all out there,
Mystress

Paladin said...

Welcome back axe...long time no see. Hope your still finding the blog enjoyable.

Ty Robert for the congrats...its been a wonderful wonderful year and as i promised Mystress...many more to come as our friend muse agrees.

Goodluck from me too muse...the search can be hard but very rewarding.