Sunday, July 13, 2008

Up for Air

Tis been indeed a very busy week, and I take a brief pause to write a bit.

The ill day that Paladin writes of o0n Friday began with the passing of our beloved Miss Kitty. A lovely calico kitty My Knight had when we met 9 years ago.. just the two of them cuddled against the world. And she accepted Me and allowed Me to be her friend. She was a very picky kitty and didn't let even us pick her up without grouchy comment. She was dumped behind his office and they rather adopted each other I think. She never really 'thrived' after a bad tooth infection some 4 years ago. She loved it where she lived though and she had a good kitty life after My Knight rescued her. We will miss her and remember her with love.

Nextly... an email from a dear friend whod had a baby die in her hands and it twas of course, very traumatic for her.. and we offer her our love and support. I had not been able to call her back and I wished I had.....

This was followed by news of My dearest Mistress's brother soon to pass over as he was being taken off life support.. so time was spent with her distracting her some from the imminent news.
He did indeed pass yesterday.....

And.... Paladin was right.. it was a bit of a rough day emotionally, but the Reiki was a big part of handling the day. It kept things calm and centering. Because it is the Life Force that runs through everything... it connects everything.. and all energy flows back together at some point and time. But much of My peace, also comes from Paladin's self assured calmness. His ability to always look at the bright side of things and to minimalize the negative sides and move past them quickly, rather then dragging them like a ball and chain with you everywhere.

But.. all through the day.. was also.. kajira robert. Also solid and steady. Twas he who prepared Miss Kitty's final resting place, and after My Knight gently laid her down, he skooted us away gently so that My Knight need not watch the dirt fall on his beloved cat. Twas very, very kind of him.

Things with robert are progressing at a slow but measured pace. He has been amazing in his service as far as working and chores and such. Yesterday turned in to something of a spontaneous gathering to show off our total makeover home. I'm telling you.. he has scrubbed counters, hauled tons of books from one place to another.. totally cleaned and sorted My Knights office, turned our 'junk room' back into the libray room it once was, but will now become roberts room. So we are relocating the library to another part of the house.

Paladin did indeed join us for dinner.. and then My Knight added our past 3rd and his teenage son. So.. plans that popped up one way, have suddenly switched to something totally else. But... our ex-3rd ( only as far as intimacy, not as far as loved friend) is the one who has been ill for so long, and was once My Master. He had met Paladin before briefly..and never robert, although he knew robert was coming and quipped "Oh, your getting a whole stable of subs are you?" (blush... grin) well.. I didn't set out too... but.. well.. things just happened. All of this with robert really happened very unexpectedly and fast.. but.. it has been of great mutual benefit.. and it feels as if Spirit had a strong hand in it.. and I don't argue with it after the 3rd time I hear it.

The evening went well.. and as I told robert this morning.. he would do well to emulate Paladin as much as possible. They are different personalities for sure.. and yet there is a lot that Paladin can teach robert. I have confidence that a bit more of it will come in time to robert.

And on that note.. time for Me to head out as we are off to the flea market for some shopping and then to look at a new place to rent.

I shall try to write more later...

Best to all out there...
Mystress

2 comments:

kajira robert said...

Mystress,Thank-You very much for all the confidance You bestow in me Ma'am.
And thank You so very much for the new bracelet You have given me to wear as part of Your property. It is perfect Ma'am.
It has all been so wonderful Ma'am and so has everybody. Kisses.
Respectfully kneeling in Your gracious service Mystress Swan, Your humble pet robert

Anonymous said...

I am happy and sad at the news and festivities. My thoughts go out to all affected, my joy is abundant too for all those involved in the brighter side of life's offerings. It's been an interesting week on the DM homefront. Lots going on, as it would be inthe cycles of life. Sorry to have been so quiet. I wish you all well, always.
DM