Thursday, May 29, 2008

My pets are Myne and they follow MY rules!

The subject line today comes from an conversation with a Dom last nite in Second Life. He was telling Me how My pets need to behave there since they are 'slaves'. Paladin is always most excellently behaved and he is never ever disrespectful. He is a very proper person anyways and the little bit of correction that he has ever needed is to say 'yes Mystress' instead of 'yup' or 'uhhuh' or some other affirmative response. And the same with 'no Mystress' when asked a question or prodded on a response of some sort.

Kajira robert tends to be more of a ... well...'smart ass' then Paladin and he is not as yet trained (even though he's been around more years cyberwise) to give the proper response. But then... I've not yet had the chance to give him the very real physical reinforcement that I have to Paladin. (smiles). But I do expect to one day, and I'm sure that will quickly fix things. (wicked grin)

What I did find in the conversation last nite, was how much I resented anyone telling Me how My pets are to behave when they are with Me. The Dom said that they HAVE to kneel at all times unless they are defending Me, or serving Me. My response is that they have protocols that I have set for them.. and those are the ones that they must obey. Be it cyber, or real life with Paladin. And I don't like anyone telling Me what I HAVE to do with them. Yup...it wasn't that the Dom pissed Me off.. it was the rules of expectation of others. Now, I do understand that he was saying that this was especially in effect in 'Gorean' or "BDSM" areas. Okay... My answer to that, is I simply won't go there unless I really wish to. And to be honest, I doubt that I will. For Myself, I like the strength of My slaves standing behind Me, both of them taller then I. This give Me a feeling of safety that I enjoy. If I am sitting, then yes, I do want them always kneeling. And sometimes, even when I am standing.. but it's by MY choice, and not some one else's. I do understand the rules of certain areas... but if My pet has a collar on, that means they belong to Me.. and I am their Commander in Chief and they are responsible for behaving as I desire.

All of these 'rules' are what kept Me from being a Domme before I became one. Because so many folks said what I was going to 'have' to do. Have a contract, make sure they had a safe word, hurt them till they used it so that they would know and so would I. But as a sub Myself... I never had a contract.. and 'stop' was a good safe word if I ever needed it...which I didn't.. (although there was once I should have and didn't.. and I learned) I always figured if I was going to be the boss... then I would get to make the rules and not have to follow someone else's idea of what those rules were going to be!

Paladin has shown Me, and allowed Me to learn what sort of Domme I really am and he has accepted My rules, mostly without comment or complaint. I have had to change a few along the way as I have learned the practicality of them. Like wanting him to be 'commando' at work. (smiles) Paladin is built such that when he is aroused...it shows no matter what he is wearing, and as much as I do love the idea of that at his work, it's not practical for him to not be able to stand up or go into a business meeting when he needs to. (sigh). So some rules that I might like to have, I have to let go. But.. then, like this past weekend, where he had to be commando the whole time do rather make up for it. Well....mostly. (grin)

So last nite, I stood up to this Dom and told him that I thanked him for his imput.. but that My slaves would do as I command of them, and that I wouldn't be taking them into those areas where someone else would be telling Me what I had to do with them, nor taking a risk that someone else might try to interfere with them. Kajira robert has free rein when I am not there to go as he wishes, but when I am there, then he must stick with Me unless I otherwise specify. Same with Paladin. Just as in real life, he must never be further then I can reach to touch him unless I tell him to be.

The Dom was being polite and helpful.. and I do appreciate that. But I did find it fascinating how quickly My hackles rose at being told what I had to do with them. Nope. Myne means MYNE and that means MY rules.. and no one else's are in effect unless I choose to allow it.

So.. from being a submissive... I have grown and I find I am growing ever stronger all the time.
And I am possessive and hardheaded when it comes to My two slaves, be they cyber or real. And I expect the both of them to always behave in a way that makes Me proud of them, for their behavior does reflect on Me.

I bid everyone out there a good day and hope all is well in their worlds.
Tonight, I go to Paladin's.. and we'll catch up on Deadliest Catch and soak in the tub,
and have an early eve as Paladin didn't sleep well last nite due to a car alarm going on and off all nite. So he won't be posting this eve., but he should be tomorrow.

Best to all,
Mystress



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do completely relate to this post. Especially online, it seems people feel free to offer advice on how to be this or that. I find that usually while well intended, the advice is based on stereotypes and misinterpreted "fact", and doesn't allow flexibility for consideration of MY personal situation. I agree 100% with you, this is why I too hesitated on this path to begin with. And Mystress, I have the same reaction too. *smile*

My subs kneel unless I tell them otherwise, but where I'm firm on that, I'm lax in other ways. Yes, practicality is also a good thing. (Mystress, I have the same desire... I do so love Commando in public ;) ). But I also realize that is not practical all the time either. So each relationship I have is molded to the pattern W/we need it to be. Collectively we are a "family" of sorts, individually we have a symbiotic relationship full of met needs, expressed desires and so much more.

My D/s relationship with my slaves is MYNE (to copy you :) ), not anyone elses. And I will defend it vehemently.

I have to say, (now that I've stepped off the rant box), at least in the online world, my "style" of D/s has been well respected for the most part. I find a good many people looking for the style I practice more often than not. Perhaps that should say something too?

Food for thought.

Mystress, I'm glad you're back and posting, and do sleep well paladin; I look forward to reading your words soon.
DM

Paladin said...

Kudos to you muse for sticking to your guns.

kajira robert said...


To My Mystress.

Wonderful Point of Mystress view Ma'am....may i commend You, for Your poise, and reserve. Very eloquent indeed, as always Ma'am.

Thank-You Ma'am, for the compliments. You make Your humble pet blush.
Yes Ma'am, smart ass is still a step up from dumb ass, which i should clarify, Mystress has never titled me with. She is a responsible and proud Owner and expects the same of Her pets.

The freedom She allows Her servant to roam is both a curse and a blessing. I would rather be massaging Her delightful peds or servicing Her pool or a million other suggestive offerings. I live by Her rules proudly.

As a guard in Her ranks i wear Her colors proudly and they do not fade.
My collar is a symbol of my devotion and is meaningless with out the Woman that empowers me.
And it will take more than the army of Gor on a field of honor to remove it.
And i swear Mystress, i thought he said "smores". :)

Like my tee-shirt says:
"Don't mess with Mystress"
Ma'am, if i may ask?
Is there going to be a test on this? :)

Mystress said...

Dear friend and beloved pets..
I am grateful for your support and kudos. I am as I am and will be. I brook no compromise based on what others expect, only for Myself and My two dearest pets. They serve together in supportive, yet very different ways. I am proud of the two of them as well, for both of them are very strong and independent men.
The people that know them I do not think would ever suspect of their private submissive natures. And I am ever honored by the gift of their service to Me. I take full and proud ownership of the two of them.

Training the two of them is unique to each of them and if we do travel to online places that expect certain behaviors, then all of us will be on our best. However, again.. there will be little of that for I do not desire anyone to command nor control My subs but Myself. Perhaps we will find some niche that will fit our attitudes in SL much as the kind Muse has in Her online world. And we are grateful to be accepted there as well.

My pets have both taught Me that being a Mystress does not mean one has to be harsh or cruel nor demand that they endure pain or humiliation for My sake.

Well... although.. I will admit that poor Paladin does have to endure My obsession with taking photos of him when tis something that he detests. At moments when he leasts expects it. But he takes in all in stride good naturedly. And I must admit.. that there is a great rush when I do things to him that I know he would never ever allow anyone else on the planet to ever do.
And as for Robert... well.. our tale is a long and fascinating one. from where I found him and how he was... to who he is now. And.. I am exceedingly proud of how far he has come. And.. yes.. I can say he has never been a dumb ass.....well.. although he came close the other night when he first rather balked at the idea of he and Paladin wearing matching outfits when in My online service at SL. Hmmmmm.. One day... when he actually kneels.. he will rue that.. for that WILL be a tattoo on his ass he will not forget soon.. and we shall see if the great lion can 'take it'. (very wicked grins)

I would not hesitate to say that we too are a 'family' amongst ourselves, so we can well understand yours dear Muse. Myne is a combination of real life and cyber..but family is family I think and it looks like all sorts of things. I feel happier and safer then I ever have with the loyalty and protection of two such wonderful men as My slaves.

May we all continue to grow and evolve for the greater good of all...
Mystress

kajira robert said...


Mystress...

You do know how to make Your humble servant blush...Thank-you for all the accalades.
Just being me. Alittle gamenerie perhaps. But sincere.
And too all that are here, it is not my intent to be confrontational in my statment, just direct. These are men and they know of me and i of them.
They know of my service to Mystyress Swan. They know of my loyalties. We have debated the issues peacefully. But the subject is not up for debate.
Mystress has spoken.
Peace...Robert

Paladin said...

A lovely rebuttle Mystress and to the point....With a clear picture of what we want comes a fierce defending of it.

Anonymous said...

Mystress - I am so happy to see you stand your ground and set your rules as you please. Life is too short to feel you have to live bay anyones rules you do not feel like following.

You are a wonderful person and truly fine lady. I wish you and Paladin and kajira Robert nothing but pleasure and happiness in all you do.

Know that there are so many of us out here standing be hind you as a person, a Domme and a leader.

With love and respect.

Kajira_stephen

Anonymous said...

Myst just heard about all this and well You really need to speak to me.
hes no dom. a bully yes. a dom lmfao, nope.

Paladin said...

Quite a bit of comments on this topic :) Lets just say my Mystress knows where her line is drawn and she defends it fiercly. Others may have a different line...but each to their own...so lets let it be and be happy with our own lines.