Monday, May 26, 2008

A Remarkable Time in the Redwoods

And so it was.

I had given Paladin blog grace this eve, but I see he has posted anyways... so I shall post a bit about our wonderful trip.

We left town Fri evening and there was little traffic.. headed to a small town called Willits. It was supposed to be a three hour drive, but Paladin did it safely and smoothly in just over two and a half. Our room seemed freshly redone and it was very nice. My favorite part was coming out of the shower to see Paladin laying on his stomach accessorized only by his training collar and restraints just as the line "rise a Knight" twas being said on the tv.... his fave movie.. and My favorite line from it. And with that.. the tv went off.. and the Knight rose. (smiles) Over and over.. mmmmmmm.

The next morning we were headed to a wonderful little resort in a place called Redcrest at the northern most point of the Avenue of The Giants. We had a cute little cabin.. The nearest grocery store was another 10 miles up the road but we were having a craving for hot chocolate and so away we went. This was a fortuitous outing, because we ran into the guys at the store just shutting down their bbq and we managed to snag a nice hot juicy tri tip which we knew would make great sandwiches on the morrow. We grabbed dinner and then head back to our charming little cabin. The resort also had a good sized hot tub and when it was empty a 9, away we went for a soothing soak in the warm waters.

We had been the first one's to arrive at the resort, but now we had a neighbor as the cabins share a ...you got it..... bedroom wall. HMmmmmm..... So.. the only challenge was that the room had a brass bed..a very squeaky brass bed. and the neighbor ladies bed just on the other side of the same wall. So we did lots of whispering and giggling when the bed decided to be too noisy and (grin) we managed to get creative (and extremely enjoyable) alternative methods to the creaking bed. Guess its a good thing I had no inclination for any crops or spankings or such. Which I didn't. I don't know if other Dommes ever feel this way.. but.. I had no inkling to do any of that to Paladin. He does truly serve as an amazing Knight to Me... and while he might receive a sharp slap on the ass for something when he likes to be stubborn about something or a wee bit of smart ass.. I was not in the mood for anything else other then his providing delightful pleasures and strokes. It was so very quiet there.. and I think we both slept very well this second nite together.

We slept in the next morning.. and it was wonderful to have such a leisurely time together. A shower, some chocolate and a bottle of yogurt smoothie for breakfast. One of the things that continues to charm Me about us is how well we just naturally fall into a way of working together. Everything flows so well. Pet made yummy tri tip sandwiches and we packed the little ice chest and backpack and we were ready for our day of adventure together.

We then headed off to see the largest redwood on the planet. Oh.. did I forget to tell Paladin it was a bit of a rough road? Well... not too bad.. but it was a slow drive down a lovely redwood lined narrow road. Once we got the right place.. the river was up and covering the 'seasonal bridges' that folks normally take to get over the river. So.. over quite a long downed tree trunk spanning Bull Creek. It was a ways down. Paladin put his hands behind him, and I rested Myne in his.. and so together we went across it. We had a wonderful hike through the redwoods to it.. and I had Paladin put his hands on the tree and drink in its energy.. we talked about being able to feel the power of the tree in our hands.. and how ancient the forest was.. and that we could also feel it. Then we hiked back and over the downed tree again.. Paladin was a true gentleman helping Me up and down over the rough places. The rest of the day was spent in a leisurly drive down the 31 mile Ave of the Giants. More redwoods and hiking...and a bit of tourist shopping. At the end of the Ave, we headed down to Garberville for gas and an ice cream.. and then back up hwy 101 to our little cabin. A wonderful steak dinner and watching some tv before heading off to bed.

After more giggling with the bed.. we cuddled and had a very sweet talk.. it was 1am when it seemed everything was said and we finally drifted off to sleep for our last nite of the trip. This morning.. more pleasures... and I headed off to the showers (it was a tiny shower and while we normally shower together, this one simply didn't have the room) and when I got out, the ever efficient Paladin had packed everything up and everything was tidy. It was amazing.. I am so NOT used to that as I am normally the one who does all of that. And I appreciated it enormously!!! Thank you My dear sweet Paladin.

And folks.. he was.. without fault, stunningly amazing. Moving ever so smoothly he anticipated all of My needs, sometimes it felt like before even I knew I needed something. I loved how he knelt at My feet and took off My hiking boots and laid his head on My stocking feet. I petted his head and relished this marvelous time with him. He made this trip so relaxing and enjoyable.

I thank him enormously for his charming company and amazing help on the trip. He drove there and back. .and it was a long trip. It had been a terribly stressful week for Me and if ever I needed to get away, this was one of those times. Paladin made sure I didn't think of work at all.. and yet when I needed to talk, he was aware of it and wouldn't let Me not talk.. which for Me, is very important. He says that we can always communicate and he is right. It is another mode of his service to Me and one that is irreplaceable in its calming effects for Me. I hoped that Paladin also got nice and relaxed. As I posted before we left, we took no computers.. and we didn't even have cell phone service where we were and that was also very different, and that was very relaxing for Me also.

I hope that all of our friends also had a relaxing weekend.

As a extra note..... This was Memorial Day weekend... and as a US Navy Veteran.. I thank all the other Veterans who gave all that they did as well.

May we all live in peace.. so that there may not be
need for us anymore..

Best to all...
Mystress

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back both of you. I'm so glad the time was restful and exciting ;) I'm sure the scenery wasn't the only thing that was breathtaking *grin*. So lovely to read of your trip and enjoy in the peacefulness of it vicariously through your words. Thank you for sharing today.

Be Well,
DM

Paladin said...

Thank you Muse for your wonderful words and comments...our trip was divine and yes...breathtaking to :)