Friday, May 16, 2008

Taking risks by opening doors

Good evening friends..

This is somewhat in response to a post by Dominante Muse about opening the doors and taking something of a risk for herself while seeking a sub for herself in real time.

Coming from anyplace to some place else means taking a risk. For Me, going from submission into Domination was taking something of a risk and from cyber into real life means taking some even more drastic risks.

Paladin and I were just discussing it last nite. He is an intensely, intensely private person. His British style cultural upbringing was that one did not step outside of their family circle unless they must. Last nite as we lay in cuddling repast.. and as I was stroking him rather absent mindedly, as one will do with a dear pet .. it suddenly occurred to Me just what he had done when he had stepped outside of himself to look for a Domme.

It came out somewhat strongly, because, now knowing him as well as I could see with great clarity what a big step that had been for him.. and I said "you must have been really driven!" "Hmmmmmm?" came his question... "Well" I said... you are such a private person. You must have really, really been driven to search for a Domme for you to actually reach out and answer an ad from one.. that took a lot of courage on your behalf" His voice was husky in the dark "yes Mystress" His arms tightened around Me and he nuzzled My neck, and I snuggled even closer to him. Thoughts of Paladin in the past.. so much stiffer and proper then he is now. So many walls..keeping Me at a distance and My having to break those walls down. And the risks he has taken in allowing himself to be more vulnerable, and to show his feelings so much more. And Myself.. so much more sure of Myself then I ever was before. No longer do I 'hope' something will come to pass.. I expect it to.

Muse mentions the pain that can come from this sort of thing.. as it can from anything in life.
Yes, it IS a risk to reach out out to meet someone from the cyber realm. But as I commented to her on her page... it IS worth it. And the worst would be the possibility of missing out on that right one. My advice is to take the time, make sure as best you can before you do. I believe that there is a 'knowing' when it will be right. There is no little uneasiness in the tummy over something that's not quite right that you might be compromising on when you should not.

Over the years I have written, chatted and gotten to know people from the cyberworld. I have been blessed to meet some wonderful people. And.. relationships change sometimes too.
But.. overall, I have maintained wonderful, wonderful relationships with others out there. They may not be who they were in the beginning, but then neither am I. But, they are loved.. and they will always be a sort of family. So even if a meeting or relationship doesn't turn out to be what you thought it would be, does not mean that it can't be some sort of friendship or relationship.

Paladin knew what he wanted in a Mistress.. and I knew what I wanted in My submissive.
I believe that we were both determined to find what we wanted and not give up nor compromise. Paladin says that he had responded to two other ads, but the responses were not in alignment with what he knew he wanted. Just as I knew that those before him, were not the right ones.

By the time he answered My ad, I had already written and chatted with many subs. Some of them were closer to what I was looking for then others, but some were way, way off. Enough for Me to stop looking a few times.. but.. I hoped that if I kept posting.. that sometime he would finally show up... and of course.. he did. (smiles) His first letter in response to Myne was written in a way that fell into place with My desires for what I was looking for exactly. The short fantasy I had asked him for Me was perfectly chivalrous and sweetly romantic as well. After our first chat (which did end up being several hours one Saturday) I was almost euphoric at how well we seem to have clicked. And our first meeting..... well.. I'd say from there for Me.. there was no doubt.

But.. none of this would have come to pass if we had been afraid to reach out to reality.
And I know that we are all very happy with how well its worked out.
So, I encourage all those that are still looking... even when it seem so frustrating
and so difficult.. again.. to not give up... to keep seeking.

Wishing all the best to everyone..
Mystress

1 comment:

kajira robert said...

Mystress ...
Good day Ma'am....I must confess when I first heard of Your plans, I thought the risk was too great for You, Ma'am. But I also knew You had a protecter, and in him also, i believed Your vision would become a realty one day.
Risk, Trust & Safety nets...a good combination for finding the one that fits like a glove.
I feel we all are fortunate that You have found one so noble and true as Paladin....and i also feel fortunate that Your Highness has two hands to cover...lol
Respectfully Mystress Swan, Your humble pet, Robert