Monday, April 6, 2009

A Surprise Gift

Whatever shall we call her?

Yesterday, a dear friend I'd not seen in several years called to ask what I was doing.  I had just come back from picking up a friend from up in the foothills an hour away at rehab and delivering him home, safe and sound, detoxed and on the road to re-recovery back to his family.  Other then expecting to meet some friends in Second Life for a while, I had nothing specific planned. 

She had had a poodle for some 14 years that had passed away last fall. She did not handle the loss very well and finally decided it was long past time to get herself a new puppy.  And so she had, and was out making the rounds to introduce her to her friends, and we were on that stop.   

She had never met Wolfie but she grieved for our loss and oooed and ahhhhhed over Wolf's pics.  Right then she decided that if she had a new doggie, then WE needed a new doggie.  I tried to put her off, although  we had already decided that we wanted a puppy this time, even with all the difficulties of them.  Right now a new puppy simply wasn't going to fit into our budget unless someone gave us one.  

My friend said she has expected to pay twice what she had for her poodle and that by gosh, she was gong to get us one.  I tried again to put her off, but she insisted we look though the rescue dogs available.. but she is very.. in the moment as far as 'gratification' and so she then had Me look up the local paper's classifieds.... and there was the cutest little face's.  She insisted I call them right then and see if they still had the puppies.  He said yes, but that tomorrow would be a better day for it, and she said to him no.. she was from out of town and here now and wanted to get us a puppy right now. and the next thing I knew we were looking at 3 adorable tiny puppies.   Wolfie had been a short-haired, fawn colored teacup chihuahua, and My Knight had liked her coloring a lot.  My friend felt we should have something just a bit different this time though and so I told her that she should pick for us and this is the one she picked this one out for us.. which fit just perfect!  She bought her right there and then to My amazement.

I seemed to just be following along in My friends whirlwind of excitement.  The home we got her from was near My Knights office, where he was working on some legal documents.  I called to be sure he was still there, and he was.. so we trotted right over with little one wrapped in Wolfies pink blankie. 

The look on his face was priceless, and My friend was beside herself with joy.. and so were we.  Shocked and totally unexpected... 

So, we now have a absolutely darling little girl puppy.  She is nine week old  full blooded long-hair chocolate and white chihuahua. She has bits of white on her paws ( like she walked in milk) and a white blaze on her chest, and a tiny bit of white on one side of her pink nose.   She slept right where Wolfie slept in the bed and woke Me up at 3:30 moving around.. I brought her out and put her down on the paper, she dutifully went pee and then we went back to bed.  

The plan was for My Knight to come back from court this morning and take her to his office to be with him there, but My client for today cancelled on Me, and so I got to spend today here with her.  I'll take her up to the office later in the afternoon before heading to Paladin's for the nite and then work tomorrow as per our usual routine.  Dear Paladin asked if I needed to stay home with her, but My Knight has raised puppies before, and this one has taken a real shine to him already, so he assured Me that she will be fine and he'll look after her and take her to the office with him tomorrow as well, and then I can come pick her up when I come home from work in the early afternoon.   A puppy.. haven't had one since I was a teen, and been a good 20 years since My Knight has had one too. And we do know all that goes with it and have the right set up for it.  

Chihuahua's love to travel and visit, and this one will get lots of opportunity to do that.   My Knights secretary was there with him last nite, and she also ooooed and ahhhed over her, and I think is thrilled that the little one will be at the office with them when I am not home.

We wondered how she would acclimate to things her, but she climbed right into Wolfies bed and snuggled in all on her own.  She did have a bit of a funky puppy smell, so she got her first bath and low blow dry.  Wasn't overly thrilled with it, but didn't get overly upset either. I put her bed in the sun afterwards and she seemed to like that alot. But when I came in here to type, she looked lonely, so I brought her bed in with Me, and now she is sleeping happily with a full belly.

Wolfies friend and kitty companion has let her sniff him and been very neutral abot it.  She is still shy and staying curled up in the comfort of her bed so far. Soon I am sure she will be out playing with him though.. and he does like that.

So.. now.. the thing is.. what to call her???

Any idea's out there?

Best to all.
Mystress

7 comments:

kajira robert said...

Mystress!!! That is wonderful...
So happy to hear about the new member to Your much extended family. And so darn cute. Kyss's Myss's, Your pet, Robert

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWW how adorable Ma'am .. shes sooooo cute!!!!!!!!!! I love when good things happen to my friends *yay*

arnaut rosseau said...

Hello Mystress,
I usually don't like dogs, but aaah, she's so cute. Also, may I suggest the name "Una," I like to sound of the name personally, and I think it's of Celtic origin. Can't rememeber what it means though.
*bows respectfully*

Nuri said...

Thats wonderful to see Mystress! She looks very cute yes. And like an Emily to me.. *smiles* though I imagine you have named her by now.

For the last week or so I've been ill with a sore belly and low fever - checked at ER friday, and my doctor yesterday. The ER was at my father's urging, simply because there have been a number of appendicitis cases among my relatives. But it wasn't that.. thy couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong at the ER, but guessed some kind of virus or flu bug or something. By monday evening I was feeling better, but a little worse again in the morning. My doctor said she thought the same thing, and that it might also partly be my medicines which really my body is still getting used to, she said. Today I was a bit nauseous as I got up.. but I am blaming that partly on being awakened suddenly by a leg cramp. :( But the feeling passed quickly enough.

I hope everyone is well, and to see you soon. :)

kajira robert said...


Lady GaGa
Lady Godiva
Aadi - Hindi - Beginning
Zena -Polish - Life & Zeus
Chiclit
TicTac
Bon Jo Flea
Zelda
Courvoisier
Bodacious
Bonsai
Shebba
Mona Lisa
Zsa Zsa
MEDUSA
MERCEDES
NUTMEG
TSUNAMI
AUREOLE
CASHMERE
CHIQUITA
CLEO
DEBUTANTE
EUROPA
FANTASIA
FU MING CHU
MAHOGANY
MAI TAI
MAUI
Ming
Mon Cherie
Mysty
NOSFERATU
PANDORA
PEYOTE
PORSCHE
RAZZMATAZZ
SABLE
SATIN
SASSY
SHANGRI-LA
SUSHI
XANADU
Xena
Queen Artemisia
Queen Boudicca
Queen Samsi
Queen Tomyris
Queen Zenobia
Mary Jane
HUmbly, Your Pet Mystress, Robert

kajira robert said...

"I am Your attendant, Your loving kajira and faithful knight.
You are my Owner, My Gracious Queen, My Loving Mystress.
My heart You hold as Your love I cherrish."
Kyss's Myss's

A little extra bootlicking to go with my request Mystress....:)

Paladin said...

What a tiny little doggie...Mystress sent me a pic recently of Leo playing with Pixie bear and wow does he dwaf her. I am very interested in seeing the size difference in real life. I hope she brings you much joy dear Mystress.