Thursday, February 9, 2012

Moving Along

Greetings Friends,

Well, as I said in a comment, the move went great and both the critters are adjusting to their new home, as am I. They both adore Paladin, and little dog greets him with great exuberance when he gets home from work. And last nite we watched them both play with each other like at the old place. Kitty is not impressed with not being let out of the house however, but all convention says wait at least two weeks before we do.

This is my fourth day here at Paladins. And..its been.. wonderful. Really so. How odd to have nite after nite. It's been very domestic and there are so many things to tend to, all the details to get this house ready to be sold, and all the things needed at the new house on the other end.
I like being here to putter around.. and I am still going back and checking the mail at my other place for something from the VA. Today is 3 weeks since I sent it off, and as I said last week.. they have 30 days to decide.

I had a good session with my Vet Center doc on Tue. She has helped me with a lot of my self esteem issues due to not being able to work. She says that it's not that I won't be working, because I will dive in to some sort of volunteer work for veterans after I get settled, but that I'll be working on my own terms and the funding will be justice for the past.. well some. A rl Navy vet friend is going to be seeing her on Tue to start her journey to wellness. She had as rough a time as I did, and only now is also seeing it. So I told doc, its good for me to be helping her and my friend Ani. That the virtual friendship with Ani led me to get help with myself, and now, my rl friend is benefiting from that virtual friendship. Odd how life is that way huh?

On Tue the moving rep came in to see all the things we have to move. It's all taking shape, slowly but surely, t
hings are moving along as the sub line says. Escrow closes mid March and we head out around the 10th for the long drive to TX. YeeeeHawwww. I must admit, I've been teasing Paladin about a cowboy hat and boots. And he asks why I have to be so stereo-typical in regards to Tx. Well pet.. cuz it's fun! And I like the idea of you in hat, boots and chaps. mmmm Yummy.

It has been delightful to have evenings with Paladin here. The energy here is calm and peaceful. It's wonderful, and just where I need to be for sure! We are keeping to our 'special' nights of Mon and Wed.. and playing with friends on the computer Tue and Thurs... and Fri's his nights with his buddies until we move. Weekends... this one we are packing more and cleaning the carpets to get this place ready to sell.

Well, that's the update for now.

Best wishes to all,
Mystress

4 comments:

mouse said...

It seems you are settling well.

Be well,
Omega

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you. I wish you the best!

Diane

Mystress said...

Thank you both Omega and Ms Diane! And welcome to the blog.
We are settling in well. Its a new life for sure. Sort of like a practice for TX. But this is the perfect place for me to begin to heal and rebuild myself.
Warmly,
Mystress

Paladin said...

Thank you all for the kind words. We truly hope things go well.