Sunday, February 5, 2012

24/7 Moving Day (Happy Superbowl Day too!)

Good morning Friends,

Well, in about an hour Paladin will show up and start the last of my moving to his place today. Myself, my tiny (3lb) doggie and the much larger then the doggie, kitty. They are best buds and they have known Paladin, well, all their young lives. Kitty is 4 and doggie is 3. Paladin and I are 4.5.

Last nite was my last night living here. We have no idea how long before the move to TX actually happens, we expect around the end of the month. But we will all be together, adjusting tonight. Tonight,
our 24/7 actually begins.

In our morning txt exchange, pet asked how I slept. Not too great. My mind is good at spinning and last nite, it was pretty wound up the whole nite through. I saw a bit of most of the hours on the clock go by, even though I went to bed around midnight. Still this is.. a momentous place for us to be coming to, and so, it sometimes seems almost fitting to not sleep on those nights. i know there will be nights of good sleep another time.

I have liked the little duplex I've lived in here... its had good neighbors (especially kind to me after my breakdown as has been my landlord) and a great location for convenience and friends. Little dog has lived here her whole life, and so this will be a big change for her. Kitty, has moved 4 times since I got him and he knows with all the boxes around and such, that more is on the way. He's been keeping an eye on things closely.

I don't have a lot left to move as I have winnowed down my belongings into just a couple car loads of boxes. But it is time for me to do some final packing and disconnect Mom's Macintosh for packing too. I'll be using the computer Paladin set up for me next to his gaming machine in the office, or my laptop. So I expect the next time I fire up the Mac will be after we are settled in TX. I find those sorts of things interesting. What will be our mindset then? What will have happened since I unplugged it here, and replug it there? How will the drive to TX with kitty and doggie have gone? How will it feel to be setting up a home with my beloved Paladin? What bumps and memories will have been created by then?

Ummm, yeah.. those are the kinda thoughts that kept me awake. Now, time to shower and get moving.
Next time I blog here, it will be from Paladin's.... and my .. home. For good.

Warm hugs and I hope all enjoy the Superbowl who care..
I wish us all a great game!
Mystress


4 comments:

mina said...

Congrats and good luck on the move!

Mystress said...

Thank you mina, things went very well. Paladin and boy kitty bonded over a bowl of albacore. Paladin laid on the floor with him too for a while. Kitty looooves Paladin. Both critters doing good. Slept most of the night. A good start. Also seems the house in TX passed it's inspection with only a few minor probs. Good news for sure!!!

mouse said...

Best of luck to you on your journey.

Omega and mouse

Mystress said...

Thank you very much for the well wishes Omega and mouse. They all add up to mean a lot. Wishing you both all the best too!
Mystress