Monday, February 20, 2012

Another Week Closer... and a Gift

Greetings Friends...

Time continues ticking by. This past week was full of more packing, organizing and preparations for moving half way cross the country.

This weekend we got most all of the living and kitchen room packed up for painting and moving. The painting will be early next week and we have a few things left to get out of the way since we and everything will still be here. The critters and I will be in the office since that's one of the rooms that doesn't need to be painted, and Paladin will be working from home those days.

I got almost everything on the kitchen counters packed up and also posted on CL to sell and gave away a couple of things of Paladin's he needed done. And after one item sold, he came in and gave me more then half of it and thanked me for posting it and setting it up. Smiles.. bless his heart... He does so much for me.

I want to relay something Paladin did this past week that was like magic to me.
I have a dear RL subby friend, Devyn, who is also a Navy vet, and also was raped repeatedly while in the service by her boss and could never report it. This past week she got her VA card, and went to see my doc at the Vet Center for her PTSD. It's has a profoundly negative impact on her life, like myne has had on me. She's been unemployed due to an ex boss wreaking her good name and she's been suicidal.. I worry about her a lot and Paladin and I send her Reiki when I know things are going rough for her. She really wants to go into SL and be my sub there, but.. her computer was under 1gz and too old to run Second Life. She had gotten a used laptop for Christmas and hoped it would run it, but it was almost as old as her desktop and wouldn't do SL either. So Paladin had talked to her on the phone to find out if her desktop could be upgraded, and he tells me that he thinks it's just too old. Still, we're going down to see her on Sat afternoon and see if there is anything that can be done to help it.

So, I say spontaneously to pet that I really really want to be able to be philanthropic. He smiles and asks me what would I do? I am in one of those PTSD tearful places, and I blurt out that to start, I'd help my friend Devyn for instance and get her a computer so she could go on SL, and find friends when she is depressed and suicidal. Well.. Paladin looks and me, then gets up, opens the closet doors here in the office, pulls out some boxes and then...... a computer. 'Remember this Mystress?" he says. "This is the computer you used to use before I built the new one and you started using the one I was using." I stare at him somewhat dumfounded. "We can give her this one, and then she can get onto SL to visit with you." How is it that I speak this heartfelt wish for my dear friend, and POP like magic, Paladin presents me with the fulfillment of said wish?! It's double the machine the one she currently has is. So instead of catching up on a show he'd been planning to watch, he spends the evening clearing off all his stuff from the computer and by Sat, I've downloaded SL and and Yahoo and tried them both out to be sure they work. We don't tell her. She thinks we're coming down still to look at her computer. Turns out this one he's giving her, even has a remote control for playing dvd's and music, AWESOMENESS!

We get down there and she comes down to meet us, and instead of walking over to her, we motion to her and as she comes over to the car, we pop the trunk and show her the computer. She is shocked and cries. Grins. It was a priceless moment. Smiles. Yeah.. It's him, Paladin is great like that.

She had some stuff to clear off her old computer to put on the new one.. and so I hope to see her in SL very soon.

Thanks to Paladin.... a most.... amazing man. And pleasure slave extraordinaire.
Now.. we are 24/7, and so it's more days, and more time.... and when he comes and asks to use the restroom, it still gives me goosebumps. Silly huh? Funny the things that pop up that I find make me happiest. Happy happy, Joy, Joy, Joy!!!

So, we march on. Getting all the more ready. Plans for my launch on the 5th continue ahead.
Hopefully, Paladin will follow shortly after with the moving truck around the 12th. We are keeping in mind the best laid plans of mice and men.

I'll have Paladin do his post tonight as he was very busy last nite cleaning his guns after firing off the last of his ammo with one of his brother's yesterday. He didn't want to have any left to worry about on the move, so they had a good time shooting it all up yesterday. Another last.. a last shooting day with his brother before we move. Funny to have him come in and say "Does Mystress mind if I clean my guns before dinner?" Lolol.. no pet.. go ahead!

Well, on that note, I wish the best to all...
Mystress

No comments: