Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tipping Our Hat to Boot Week


OUR SPECIAL TRIBUTE TO BOOTS!

My first pair of boots ever...


We are having our own tribute to boots here tonight at TM&TP in honor of Molly and Mick (and staff) over at the Under Contract to My Wife blog. Thanks for the inspiration guys!!


Paladin was looking forward to seeing some boots that I like, and since he's been sick (poor pet, I did miss kissing and snuggling this past week huh pet?) I thought I'd indulge him.


Above, are my first boots. yes.. I grew up as an equestrian, rode both english and western.
Below, is my second pair of boots, steel toed.. issued courtesy of the US Navy... while not too stylish, they were great to have on during Hurricane Fredrick when I was based in FL.


I really DO love boots. Most of myne tend to be for snow and wet weather, so to think about some strictly decorative boots was a grand idea of change. This has certainly inspired me to find some more fun styles.


I checked out a web site that Molly left in her comment.. whew.. lovely and pricy. With so many wonderful choices, how to decided which to choose??? In Paladin's post tonight he shows his choice of boot, a nice, protective utilitarian boot. So, my first pick (below) is sorta like his, but, well. a bit more girly like. I liked that this pair is an old fashioned lace up boot, and also has two strategically placed ladies sized bandoleers. Seems like a kick ass sorta boot.







Then there are these..pretty with a long tall line and I like the option of being able to fold the top down.







And then there are these pirate style..





And this blingy sort of boot....




and then...


I came across this pic as I was looking at boots and thought they look odd.. and uncomfortable
but I'm sure they must be some subs wet dream.





and then, there was this pic that really makes me want these boots!







And so, with movie soundtrack grander, violins and horn sections building into a great crescendo, with a grand shower of fireworks, suitable for a Navy veteran and her subby-cohorts, we end our special tribute to boots with this final boot tribute to the Red, White and Blue...





So passes another pretty dang good week. Both subs have been wonderful and charming and full of desire to be pleasing. Both cyber kajira.. and rl Paladin. I certainly count my lucky stars to be blessed to have such charming and talented pets.


On that note,
Best to all, from our family to yours,
Mystress



6 comments:

Mick Collins said...

these are some great choices.... I am going to do a link on our blog today...Mick

Mystress said...

Why thanks Mick! We certainly did enjoy boot week! Love today's post with dear Molly in her altogethers in the great outdoors of your secret location. Delightful and charming to be sure!

Best to all,
Mystress

Donna said...

Dear Mystress,

I am sure it comes as no surprise to you that I am over the moon for these boots!

With our local Congressperson suggesting that all politicians should be packing heat, I think the pair with the bandoleer would be quite appropriate for our Town Hall Meetings.

And with the strong emergence of the Religious Right, I think those boots out on the tiny terrace are quite timely. They are sure to increase the prayer life of the wearer as she/he attempts to balance on those spike heels, and also sure to result in more direct communication with deities among those who on seeing the boots yell out, "Oh, My God!"

This is a win-win situation and one of the many reasons I adore boots. They work well in so many situations!

Thank you for sharing.

Your boot loving friend,
Donna

Mystress said...

Hey there Donna... glad you liked the boots. I like to see someone try and walk in those spiky ones...

As for the bandoleer shoes, I wonder if they'd let you on a plane with them?

Best to all,
Mystress

kajira robert, Mystress Swans Pet said...

Hello Mystress ...
Yes i remember Your riding boots Ma'am. They haad a special place in the closet in my room. I was even allowed to clean them a few times. I hope brother is keeping them in good working order Mystress.
Kysses Myss's.
Respectfully kneeling in Your gracious service Mystress Swan, Your hunble pet robert

Paladin said...

Mmm such lovely boots dear Mystress...i especially love the long knee high black ones...mmm