Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Audience Participation Super Bowl...Final Score, 31-25 = 56 Swats!

Greetings dear R/readers,

I like football a lot. I like the finals best, and of that, the Super Bowl tops here in the US. I was born in Los Angeles, and my parents were both huge Ram fans. Mom used to say I had football in my blood becuase they had season tickets and I was going to Ram games in the womb. I always enjoyed going to the games with my family. It was a lot of fun. In later years as a teen, I would sometimes beg off to do other things. And I could listen on the radio to know when they were on their way home so I had time to clean up whatever mischef I had been up to.

All this leads to today... I am still a Rams fan, even with them in St. Louis. But locally.. I guess it's the 49'er's.. as the Raiders still seem like thugs to me. Still, like most of us, I like to watch some games even if my 'team' is not playing and root for the underdog. I guess I was sorta rooting for Greenbay this tme, and pet for Pittsburg.

Paladin had not read the blog on Sunday morning... so he did not see what I had posted the night before. I did drop some hints... and seems to me a more curious pet would have dashed off to see what had been written before kickoff. But noooo.. .he had faith in me that whatever it was, wouldn't be too horrid cuz I'm not a horrid sort of Owner... mostly. *grins*

When I asked him what he thought might be happening with each score he said "licks Mystress?" Noooo pet..... I hadn't been sure how I was going to handle the swats.. but I had found it interesting during a previous Rugby match we watched to give him swats for each point scored. Well, with this being the Super Bowl and all.. gosh.. seems at least that would be appropriate, and as much as pet likes our rituals and traditions, a new one would fit in just peachy! So.. a swat per point it was and as long as its just us watching, I think we'll keep it up. It makes it all so much more fun. And it was a good scoring game, starting off with two scores in the first quarter no less! I couldn't help but clap my hads each time either side scored, cuz that meant I did too! It certainly made the game a lot funner for me..as I do love audience participation!

He didn't seem to take it very seriously at first.. but after the first score, he had to stand up, pull his sweats down and his shirt up. Mmmmmm.. such a lovly bum to spank as well. How yummy! "How many pet?" "Seven Mystress" "oh yes, that's right. they did make the field goal didn't they?!" "Smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, (thats for the touchdown) smack smack" for the field goal.. and then.. rub rub rub the cute butt. "Okay. you can sit down now" "Thank you Mystress".

I didn't administer very hard ones.. till the 3rd quarter.. got a couple that got a bit of a squeal out of him. *chuckles* And darn, if I'd know the last point would be that, I mighta been just a tad sharper, cuz part of the point was so that his sore bum would take him mind off the torture to come. Mainly having to watch an episode of Glee with me that he normally escapes cuz its on Tue nites.

But.. he took it all in stride and good humor. And he gets kudos for making his first leg of lamb (covered in garlic and fresh rosemary from the yard) and having it come out super scrumtious.
And he learned about making browned butter for the fingerling potatoes.

Even the Glee episode wasn't too terrible. They did a mash that included football zombies singing Thriller mixed with Heads Will Roll .. and pet LOOOVES zombies for some odd reason.

So, all in all, it was a wonderful Superbowl Sunday.. and a new tradition was born. Which I think will just have to carry over to other scoring sports events! Such fun. Hmmm.. wonder how I handle the Kentucky Derby though? Any suggestions out there?

Wishing all the best to those out there in cyberland and beyond,
Mystress

No comments: