Saturday, January 1, 2011

It IS a Happy New Years!

Greetings and Salutations dear Readers and friends!

I am at last back! The 'adventure' of moving a family member closer and out of a abusive situation became so much more then that. Sorting, packing and a race back to the south before the big winter storm closed the way to us was all more then a wee bit stressful. Carrying boxes of things to the car in the snow gave me chills, literally, followed rapidly by the flu as we drove all nite in the snow to get back at 6:15 am. I was huddled in the back, getting more miserable by the moment as the other two took turns on the 10 hour drive. I would have liked to stop for the nite some place after we got over the mountains, but they were determined now to get all the way through We made it back safe and sound... and I spent the next two days in bed with the flue recovering.

Thur morning the 23rd... I woke feeling finally a bit recovered from the whole ordeal, and more then ready to finish the wrapping of packages I had started the day before. Got some coffee, set up the TV to watch a recorded Medium, leaned down to open the window a bit, and open the blinds a bit.. as I went to straighten up... WHAMMO.. the back seized up. I've long had back probs since working at a law firm in '86... was flat on my back for six months at that time. and I've had a few much more minor incidents since then. I could tell immediately, this was going to be an ugly one.

I made it to the nearby couch and lay there struggling to digest that now I could not move.. couldn't get up without level 150 pain on the 1-10. I kept thinking "this is silly.. I was just up doing things... I can get up in just a moment..." WRONG. I had just opened the window, and the neighbor children were playing outside. Our new roommate was asleep in the far back of the house.. I couldn't yell for her, and her phone was turned off. Thankfully, it was about then that Paladin sent a txt saying he was off work on on his way home. I asked him then to pop
over and rescue me off the couch.. I knew he was going out of town with his family that day, and yet as always, he rose to the occasion.

As he said though, it turned out his key didn't open all the locks for some odd reason (he was given a new key on Fri) and the back yard gate was also locked.. as I said 'Think of something pet! " He pulled the screen off the window and came in through that. WHEW!

I had warned him that when he pulled me up onto my feel I'd scream.. but I'd try to control it. I think I dug my nails in just a bit. but bless his heart.. he got me up and moved and tucked in and all things taken care of.. Then he woke new roomy....

So.. that was over a week ago.. I am much better now. We had a wonderful New Years... and all seems right with the world. He was off this morning to help a friend with a time sensitive project.. and now is back from his rescue mission. So.. I sign off.. wishing all good things
to all.

Ah.. yes...... to Mikka.......My dear girl.... I have missed you too..
and I am now back...!

Hugs and love...
Mystress


No comments: