Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pet takes a Trip and Gets a Gift

Hello again friends....

We learned this week that due to a work situation, Paladin will be flying to a northern city for the week to save the day. Just as the biggest storms of the year are about to hit. Here that is. So with a bit of improvisation, and change in plans. I'll be spending tomorrow nite at pet's. The next day is a holiday, (although not for pet, he'll be flying and then working) so I'll not have to be up terribly early. And I'll be sending him good energy for a smooth and safe trip.

I always dislike it when he has to travel, but he's their IT golden boy, so he is needed in his companies time of crisis, and of that, I am very very proud. There are only two people in his company that can do the level of work he does, and the other was struck down by an injury just a week before the finishing of a very important project. So he'll be flying out early Mon, and returning late on Fri. And he knows it will be under stressful conditions and late nights as well, so I'll be sending him lots of Reiki and positive energy to keep him going

But I will still spend my regular nites at his house anyways, and that will be something of a comfort. He'll have to leave me a shirt to have, as we've long had a tradition of My keeping one of his dress work shirts at my place to have when I miss him. What can I say, but that pet smells very good. Mmmmmmm.. and when I miss him, I can hold his shirt and feel his wonderful calming energy, and smell his warm yumminess. His bed (like many) has a divot in the middle of it where he usually is, and I am up on one of the edges. He teased Me that this week I'd get the 'hole' in the bed.. and I told him, I like it's normal 'filling' to be there best. *smiles*

Since he will be traveling, this mean he has to wear My 'M' on his thigh each day that he is away. He marks it with a large sharpie pen. *more smiles* And often has to send a picture.

I also got him a special pair of sock to wear on his trip to the cooooold north. To keep his cute tootsies warm. In fact, they are toe socks. He had never seen a pair till a couple weeks ago when I had on a set that were yellow with multi colored yin/yang symbols all over it. I think he was aghast. No... he was clearly agast. He stood and stared at My feet the first time he saw them.. just about at a loss for words. Well. they really are very colorful.. and gosh, the symbol fits us very well. *grin* And now he has his own pair.. not quite the same pattern, but .. the same lovely pastel colors. And defiantly toe socks. Not remotely his style at all. He's all about black and grey. Maybe a burgundy tie, although most of them are grey's, blue and silver. And these. well.. they have .. pink toes. *chuckles* aye. yes. they do.. and no. I am not trying to 'sissify' him. But he was given an option of two things, and he chose these. So, he gets them. The other option is strictly private. But it was funny to see him wrestling with which was the less choice... of course, he didn't realize that they would have pink toes. But I'm pretty sure he would still have chosen them. But he hasn't seen them yet.. and he's gone off to bed, so he doesn't know I'm letting you all in on the surprise before he knows.. about the pink toes. *grin* will be fun to see his expression when he sees them.

Now, folks may wonder why on earth I would get him socks like these. Well.. it's because of pet's oh-so-serious side. And manly man side. I feel a part of 'stretching' pets 'horizons' is working on his silly bone. I like silly sometimes... and he is not remotely silly. But he is having to learn. We all teach our subs different things.. and one of Myne lessons to pet has been silliness. For some it is pain, others different kinds of interactions. Pet can have some very ridged thinking, and not just his lovely cock. He was raised in a different sort of environment... in a British sort of culture, but with none of the benefits of British humor. (He would roll his eyes and say they have no humor, that its just stupid. ) But I insist there is humor. It just takes a bit of shift of mind. But how do you shift an engineers mind??? With silly pink toed socks. At least, that's what I'm going to try. *smiles*

Pet's also been learning to cook. He's got scallops down pat, but not so eggs over easy. He just can't handle the idea of runny yolks, and ever since My Navy days, I hate dry ones. And since I am the Mystress, I get them the way I want. But he's also taught Me some great things. I never had ice cream on a waffle before. Or this hot toasted open sandwich he makes that's very yummy.

Sooo. .. tomorrow is the last day before he leaves. And its supposed to rain. I think we'll be spending lots of time cuddling and getting ahead of the time he'll be away. But, as he would be quick to point out, its only for a week, and he'll be in contact by text, and I'm sure I'll get to hear his voice a couple of times at least. So I'll go with the flow and all will be well.

Soo. wishing all out there continued good things..
hang on to what you have
and keep searching if you are.. they are out there..
Mystress

No comments: