Tuesday, February 2, 2010

On being an 'Owner'

Good evening all,

Having a pet at one's beck and call is a luxurious thing. The sort of relationship that binds us to each other. I hope that I will always remember to express My gratitude to being in this place with the relationships that I have. There are many things that I am proud of in My life, but of them all, Owning My pets... is something that I am still in awe of sometimes.

It is not a relationship that most folks out there can understand. And.. why they choose us.. to give of them selves.. to take a knee, bend their head and hearts to Our will? What puzzle pieces tumble through time and space and bring us to fit together?

And.. sometimes.. we fit at one time.. and then....things can shift and change and the fit is not what it was. Life is like that.. we all know that. Some of us.. are able to brave the storms of the world and cling to each other staunchly. Other times.. those winds can buffet us and loosen us from the grasp of each other. We each have to find the balance of what we feel is right for us.

We Owners.. make the rules.. sometimes, our subs get to offer input, but in the end, it is to them to obey whatever rules we set in place. That's a lot of responsibility as Owner's.. to set rules that another agree's to live by. To be as fair as we can, and yet maintain our self respect. In reading an essay on the Tao Te Ching today, it says to practice being like the majestic palm trees that survive storms because they can bend almost to the ground in tropic gales. But when does one bend, and when does one remain firmly rooted? I think its a sliding scale moment by moment. What I may feel like one day.. I will not feel the next.

Robert and I were just talking about it in Second Life this afternoon. I am generally a nice person.,. but last week a neighbor there was very rude about something, and in having Robert change the walls that border her lands, what had once been transparent, when replaced with something smaller to not block a certain view for her, I told Robert to leave bare plywood on the other side. Sadly, I was in a temperamental mood after this neighbors haughty and self righteous attitude and let it influence My behavior. . I all but crossed My arms and stomped My feet.

The next day. Robert quietly told me he had changed the other side of the wall back to invisible. "Mystress, your just not that way.. and I knew you'd change Your mind..." and yes.. he was right of course.. I had already been feeling bad about leaving plywood instead of invisible and was on my way to change it when he told Me. *smiles* He does know Me so well.

So.. how I had been feeling one day, the next I was not. and dear pet knew this well enough to anticipate it. Sometimes I feel more like enforcing a rule then other times.. and sometimes I just want things exactly as they should be.. and other times.. eh.. okay, I'll let things slide. But whatever I decide.. its up to .. . Me. As Robert is so good at telling potential subs in SL.. I am the Queen of the Queendom...and as Myne.. high things are expected. I do maintain a high expectation of My pets. And they all know it. And they all know the rules and how to function as a family by now. And as head of the family.. I have to be the one that makes sure that I stand strong when I should.. and bend when I should. And when the gales blow.. if the heart is pure.. we'll all huddle together and hold on tight... and weather yet another storm, whatever that may be.

Being an Owner is difficult... and wonderfully rewarding. We can grow and teach our pets to as well. It is a two way relationship, that twines around each other as the vine climbs the tree.

And for a quick SL update...

There is a new potential sub in Second Life.. an interesting girl. She met Sir Robert today. and the three of us had a very good chat. We both like her a lot.. she is European, so in a quite different time zone. She has been here and read this blog.. and so here's a hello to her.... she who I named 'flower' .... Potential.. yes we'll see what she'd got.... many have come and gone.... and some are simply amusing.. other's end up going different paths in their submission. Only time tell's. I'm less inclined to say much these days until it seems that there is a trend towards being consistent. One Domme friend sticks by the '3 month rule'... that if a sub is around after that.. then it just might work out. That's about how long it takes for one to get tired of the idea.. or for mis matches become more apparent. Blessedly, My pets and I are long past that mark. With new ones these days...I always hope for the best.. and (as Paladin has taught Me) go with the flow..

Like Paladin, I wish all good things to our reader's old and new.
Keep looking if you are, and hang on to what you've got if it works.
Best to all,
Mystress

2 comments:

kajira robert said...

Good day Mystress.
I hope all is well in Your gracious Queendom Ma'am.
If i may offer a little clarification to Your wonderful readers Mystress .. i believe Your actual command was ... to leave the plywood texture up over night ... :)
I may have "bent the palms" alittle by changing it the following day, but i meant no disrespect to Your command Ma'am. Kyss's Myss's .. :)
With the recent tide of subs in SL that have come and gone at Mystress's feet, yes perhaps i'm alittle over protective of our wonderful Queen, nearly reading the riot act to most that seek to dock in Her safe harbor.
Mystress's generousity is boundless ... Her humble servant is much less patient.
Somebody has to throw the coconuts back into the ocean after the storm, and i love my job. :)

With that being said ... a big aloha to Mystress's new pet, flower. She seems to have floated in on a gently ocean breeze and landed at our beautiful Mystress's feet just in time to redeem Her faith in potential subs. Welcome to the family.

May i wish clear skies and smooth sailing to all Your wonderful readers Mystress.
Respectfully kneeling in Your gracious service Mystress Swan, Your humble pet, robert

Anonymous said...

Sir Robert your description of me entering your family was beautiful. This girl thanks you so much.
Curtseys and lowers her head in gratitude. This girl has so much to live up to,and knows the path is long and will be sometimes very hard.

Mystresses Flower. x