Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Catching up again....

Good evening dear visitors,

Tis been another rough couple of weeks for Paladin and I.
His has been a continuing late work schedule. Myne has been dealing with the passing of My mother and helping My dad.  

Please bear with My rambling some. My mind is working better then it was but I'm doing some free form tonight I think.

Firstly... gratitude to My wonderful pet.  
He gave Me a wonderful, wonderful 'birthday' weekend.  I got to spend three pleasure filled nites with him and two wonderful days. 

Paladin is very humble when he says simply that My computers are working again.  He neglects to say, that super subby came to the rescue yet again.  They are only working because of him.  He spent hours on Saturday working on My dying pc....finally figured out that the fan in the power supply was stuck. He took it apart, cleaned it, and magic, that problem was fixed.  It had been slugglish.. he cleaned it out and now it runs very snappily along!  

Then.. on Sunday.. he took Me out to a wonderful breakfast on the way up to my parents place where I was picking up My mother's computer according to My dad's wishes.  I knew that I was in no shape to do this.. and so My dad got to meet "Our dearest friend".... and Paladin got to meet My dad... but... most importantly.. he was able to untangle what turned out to be a spaghetti mass of wires (Mom loved computers and photography) pack it up safely and neatly in his car, and then figure it all out at our place and get it working much faster then I ever could have. And this was his first Mac experience too.  So... this is one of the ways that Paladin serves Me in his submission.  I wonder how many other subs do this wonderful service for their Owners?  

Friends....I can't begin to tell you what having Paladin has meant to Me during this time.  Even when he's been hectic at work, he has always taken the time to text Me to check in on Me.  He even took off early (for his current schedule) last nite so I could be with him the nite before My birthday. And this morning I was awaked with him saying "Happy Birthday Mystress" over and over as he kissed Me all over. Mmmmmmm... a super start to this day.

On another topic...

Paladin has expressed his being not too 'keen' on the idea of being in costume at the groups Halloween party.  He has never, ever been to one and never been in a costume of any sort.  In looking through many of the options out there, I knew that I have no desire to have him be anything less then who he is, or what he knows or is comfortable  with being.  Truly the flash of Paladin in a rainbow wig and red nose was only a flash.  Which, in truth it was.. because he is so unsuited to be dressed like that.  I may be silly sometimes, but Paladin is not a silly person, and I'm sure that's one of his reservations about going in costume when I first told him about it. In fact.. his text when I asked him if he was free for the party that nite was "I can clear that day if I don't have to wear a costume".  Hmmmmm.. .I wrote back "setting conditions on your Mystress are you?" "no Mystress" he sent back.  
hmmmm no... and THAT's when I had the flash of the rainbow wig. (smile)

However.. being an Owner of a sub like Paladin means that I am responsible for maintaining his best interests at all time.. and sometimes, that mean subduing My own silliness for his benefit. 

Once I knew we were going to the costume party, it didn't' take much pondering for Me to decide who he was going to be.  Someone he has been for Me before. The only time we have done any 'role playing' of a truly fictional sort.  Some readers will remember perhaps our evening where he was a captured Roman Centurion.   I certainly enjoyed that evening.  I have told Paladin that I want him to be in role for the whole of the evening unless I decide otherwise.  This way it gives him plenty of time to think more about this character.  

As for Me... that I'm not totally sure of.. I have a couple of excellent ideas.. and I think one may throw Paladin for a bit of a surprise, but I am quite looking forward to the evening.  

We have had some new developments in our household, but I think I will leave those for the next entry.

All in all, so far, its been a nice birthday.. I miss My mom a lot though I have to say... first year with no card from her.. or her voice... but.. I am writing this to you on her computer.. (smile) So this is her best, and last present to Me.

Please tell your loved ones how you feel while you can. 
Thank gosh Mom knew I loved her lots!

Best thoughts to all,
Mystress

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, i like your blog. If you like exchange links betwen our blogs, let me know!!!

Best Regards.