Sunday, October 26, 2008

Of Gratitude and Changes

Good evening all-

This has continued to be a challenging time for Me, and dear Paladin has continued to be of wonderful support and help to Me at every turn.  

We did indeed have a very important meeting on Saturday, that went very well, and as a result, we'll be moving out of the city and closer to My work, and more importantly, My now widowed dad.  Living 30 mins closer to him will be something I am sure My mother would have wanted Me to do.  Dad can be tough to deal with sometimes, but he is so sad and lonely now.  I have told Paladin, that it feels like My mother has something to do with this.  For years My Knight has wanted to move this direction, but I have fought it at every turn as I have come to love living in the city.  But.. this is amazing opportunity to be caretakers of a wonderful place and some wonderful animals, including horses.. and I grew up on a Arabian horse ranch and I am thrilled by the opportunity to do this again.  My dad loves horses too, and now he'll be able to come visit us and see them.  

Due to the change in plans and getting home late and just being tired, (and the thing I most wanted to wear didn't show up from Ebay in time) we didn't go through with our role-playing plans.  We shall plan it another time.  I did however bind Paladin to one of the doors in the living room dressed in nothing but his blue work shirt I have him keep here and his black restraints, and of course his black training collar.  It was a lot of fun to play with him thus. 

Part of what I have referred to in passing before, as a change we have had here, is that My Knight has been considering collaring a female sub who has been spending alot of time here with him.  She was here when kajira robert was, and they had become good friends.   She liked his collar and restraints and wanted the same.  She had met Paladin before as well, although not for a very long time.

After much consultation between us it was decided that she would as of last nite, here with Paladin and I, be formally collared. She serves as his 'Secretary' as well... and has been of great help both in his office, and here at the house.  She picked up much of kajira robert's duties.  Following My mother's passing she has been very sweet and supportive as well.  I have felt very good leaving My Knight in her capable care while I have been handling the issues in My family after all of this and the changes in My Dad's life now.  I've not been ready to do much in the way of domming her with all else that I have been dealing with.  However, the day of My Mom's memorial, she asked if there was anything she could do to help while we were gone... I said yes, she could clean out the fridge as that really needed doing, but I was simply not up to it,.  Low and behold, she did a super job of it, and it was so nice to come home to.

Paladin has been instructed to refer to her as his 'sister' now, and he knelt closely next to Me as My Knight put the collar on 'C', leaning his head against My shoulder.  The two of them do not interact intimately, but they do share space and time and they both look after both of us.     

This has been a hell-of-a month, and even with his much longer work schedule, Paladin has been there for Me every moment of every day.  He is never further away then a text message.  We have spent more time on the phone in the evenings as I do not desire him to be on the computer when he is not working if he need not be.  Hence, his lack of posts here.  He is supposed to post on weekend's however, and last weekend, he seems to have missed it when I told him so.  So.... on Thur we had a long reminder session.  (smiles)  

This next week will be another very long one for pet, and while I got to see him twice last week, and last nite, I won 't get to this week except for a short visit when he's on his way home from a weekend with family next weekend.  And... his work day is pretty much scheduled to stay this way for the next couple months.  I have to admit, I've become much acclimated to Tue and Thur with him....and I do feel a bit like a kid whose had their favorite toy taken away... but there is nothing to do but accept it and be patient...

We will continue to interact and be the best team we can be together...and hope that things will smooth out sooner rather then later.

Wishing best to all in all ways,
Mystress

1 comment:

kajira robert said...

Hello Mystress and company. Been a long time since i have posted and told all how much i miss being with my Mystress during these changing times. But i look forward to Mystrss having it alittle easier in the future. And i think they will be.
Things are well on the home front here. The dogs love having daddy all to themselves.
Glad to see C is stepping up the the plate and helping with the chores. That fridge is a weekly thing. lol :)
I can't wait to hear about the new place when you get settled in. And how Leo and Wolfy like it.
Skunks and Squirrels beware, there's a new sheriff in town...lol :)
Enjoy..........
Respectfully kneeling in Your Gracious service Mystress Swan, Your humble pet Robert