Sunday, March 11, 2012

Thunderstorms and Getting Loaded Up

Motel Cat, dreaming of his promised new home..

When do we get to leave Ma?


Greetings Dear Friends...


Its been a morning of wild thunderstorms and crazy rain outside my little hobbit hole with me and the critters tucked in warm and safe. Pixie is sure the world is ending and cuddled up close letting out little yaps from after the really big clashes. Leo, eh... not phasing him out of his sleep at all except when he got up to gaze out the window longingly.

I've been in contact with Paladin as usual, and everything got packed into boxes yesterday. He slept in his sleeping bag on the couch. Tonight, he spends his last nite with his folks and brothers.

The end of CA is in sight for Paladin as well now. The moving truck.... is there today finally getting loaded up with all of our things. :-) Paladin says that they are putting a label on everything, and then it goes onto a inventory list before it goes into the truck. We wondered why it would take all day to do it. He told me yesterday that he has to go on the 15th to our new cities utilities company to be sure that there isn't a lapse in services. So Pixie and I will get dropped off at the new house right after the signing to ensure the movers put boxes and things in the right places. I've never ever had movers move me before. Have always done it myself, so this will be a new experience.

I've spent the last couple days holed up watching HBO, streaming Netflix and looking at maps and local places, getting the lay of my new home area. The past few months have been a hectic rush of therapy and appointments at the VA... and then getting packed to move to Paladins, and the packed to relocate here. Now.. finally.... I and the critters are here. I've been promising them that soon, they will have more then this little room.. that this is not our final stopping place. They seem pretty well settled and taking it all in stride, but I know how much Leo especially is missing being outside. Surprisingly, he's been calmer then at Paladin's. I keep doing a countdown with them, now, only 3 days and a wake-up. We know they understand it really well, right ? 0.o

I am not having Paladin post again till after everything is settled. We won't have internet from the 15th until the 19th, and I know he'll still be adjusting to things, so I'll cut him some slack at it's been a super busy time for him and daylight savings gets tossed into the mix along with losing a couple of hours due to time change from PST to CST. He's off next week for the drive and closing and then back to work the following Mon.

Tonight, I go off to have sushi with Lady D and her friends. Yummmy!

Wishing everyone out there all the best... as our new adventure continues!
Mystress

No comments: