Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Settling In...

Good Day all, from our new home in TX!

As I post today, I am in our new home 'corner' office on the 2nd story. *smiles* Never had a 'corner' office. Since I am the one so big on windows, Paladin suggested that I take the corner spot, so my part of the desk is at the end, and indeed, I have a window right in front of me, and another directly to my right. I can see above the trees the clouds scuttling across the sky in between rain and clashes of thunder.

His computer will be to my left, against the wall, where it will be darker for his computer games and the little tv between us. Paladin would think I am nuts, but I have the window to my right open, so I can hear and feel the weather. I don't mind the mugginess of it. In fact, yesterday, I oiled all the windows with WD-40 so that they now slide up and down quietly and easily as opposed to grinding and needed muscles to move them. Then... for a while since it was nice,. windy and cloudy but in the upper 70's, I had all the windows open to give the house a good freshening. It was wonderful. This house.. this new life.. is all.. wonderful.

I am so used to the years of just Mon and Wed with pet, that even though I've been living with him for over a month now, I am still thrilled with it all. And the great adventure we've begun, moving cross country, far from friends and family... just the two of us..24/7 has increased that. We spent the weekend making lists and getting things done or acquired items that have been needed. In the past, all of my furniture has come for Craigslist, thrift stores or used from someplace. So nothing ever matched. But because of the relocation package from Paladin's work, we are able to get some new bedroom sets for the guest rooms and the Master (or is the Mystress) bedroom. Things that... match??? *smiles* Those that know Paladin know that if anything, he's a bit anal about things matching. In his other home, he made sure that all the colors matched, and that even the things like his lamps and ceiling fans all had brushed nickel, his metal color of choice. And interestingly enough to us, was that when we came and looked at this house at the end of Jan, we noted that the metal accents in this house were.... you guessed it.. brushed nickel! So his carefully chosen furniture and accents fit into this house perfectly. We did get two queen guest beds, but the after finally deciding on furniture sets, found out that we can't get them till April. And, he has evolved his thinking from a black wooden bed in the Big bedroom, to a lighter wood like the cabinets in the bathroom. Without the internet, we were stuck looking at little pics on our smart phones. Now that the 'net is back'.... we can see better to re-evaluate and decide what it is we like best.

Because of my recovering PTSD and past living situation, Paladin had given me a mantra that has taken some getting used to. Originally it was "Mystress is number one, and we live in a crazy free zone'. Because he is in charge of my well being, and my deep trust of him.. and that it makes me smile... I go along with it. After his last post about getting settled, he added a last part to it, and that is " and in no rush". Which means I can unpack as I choose to, but no rush to get it done. Like right now for instance. I need to find our plates, cups and glasses and get then put away.... but instead, I am here posting. Cuz I don't have to rush. And I get to do what I choose to do, and right now, I choose to catch up with friends after almost (GASP) a week without internet! It got finished being installed so late last night that we chose to catch up on Survivor instead. So now, this morning, me and my cup of coffee are upstairs while I do my first post from here.

It still feels like a dream.... I told Lady D that I still feel a bit like Cinderella and keep waiting for midnight to toll. But.... this is no dream.. and my Paladin is as amazing as any fairy tale Prince.

Yesterday, I unpacked all the wardrobe boxes so we can move around in the closet. Boxes are everywhere.. and I will cling to that "and in no rush" so that I don't feel overwhelmed with all there is to do.

Things have been so busy getting settled and used to the new place and routine that it wasn't until last nite that I looked at him and realized, he'd not brought out his collar, nor his restraints since after his arrival at the hotel last Wed afternoon. I had him stop the TV and go get them. Since it is much warmer and more humid here, I'll decide if he has to continue to wear his restraints at night as summer rolls around. They are of thick padded leather and have a synthetic grey fur on the inside. I don't want him to be overly uncomfortable, especially on week nights when he has to work the next day. His collar of course, is not up for debate at to wearing it or not.

Well, I hear the washer beeping at me from downstairs that it's done, so I'll go do a few more domestic things. It's nice to be back and soon, I'll be able to catch up on all sorts of fun things.

Best to all,
Mystress

3 comments:

Donna said...

Congratulations! May you and your Paladin have great happiness and peace in your new life together.

Love,
Donna

mouse said...

Glad you're both all settled and happy, contented sounding...

Big hugs,
mouse

Mystress said...

Thank you both very much! It's been busy and crazy but quite happy. So much going on at once, and so much do to to get organized.

We did get our Texas plates on Tue, and tomorrow, we go for our drivers licenses. They say it take between 2-8 hours.. in line.. no numbers or chairs to get it. I can attest that the line for the plates was a couple hours long behind us, and many folks brought their own folding chairs to sit on!!! Never seen the like before in a Govt office,, but going with the flow and enjoying it all.
Best to all,
Mystress