Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter in Sedona


Yes... Sedona is a long way from Montana... our original destination. But weather and plans got changed, so as Paladin mentions.. we went thru Las Vegas on our new route. And indeed, got to see our normal 'summer' visitor in her home turf. Had a kick ass seafood 'extravaganza'... which for me was 3 plates of crab legs that Capt Phil woulda been real proud to haul in.

From LV, we headed to Sedona... thought I had never been here, but it turns out, that I had been to Chapel of the Holy Cross on a trip I took here with my folks back when I was in high school. Sedona was not the new age attraction then that is it now. Turns out the chamber of commerce here does have these nifty GPS Ranger's they call em. For $27 bucks you get them for the whole day. We had ours from around 11pm till about 6:30. Had wonderful list of places to see, and narration and videos that it plays .. sound comes thru your radio on 107.7. After we had dropped it off, we rather missed the nice voice telling us all the things that we were passing by.

Tired... oh gosh.. am I tired tonight though. Got some rubber legs from all the hiking. Think I'm gonna have an ibprophene and chocolate pudding. and get some rest.

Tomorrow we head to Santa Fe, and then on to Colorado Springs from there... and then on east to Maryland. Think we are stopping in St. Joseph, Mo to see my best high school friend for a night. Other then that, now that our route has changed... we don't have much of an idea of where we are stopping each nite. My friend can't do much more then 5 hours in the car... so it's taking us some time to get where we are going. But.. we are having fun along the way.

I do miss my Paladin.. and do wish we'd made it to Phoenix to see Robert... but the east coast is still a long way away.. and my flight won't change on the 9th.. so best we get a move on.

Wishing everyone all good things..
Mystress

No comments: