Thursday, March 10, 2011

Reporting from Plague Central....

Uggh... We've been slimed!!!

Last Fri before I went to my clients house, his wife calls and asks can we stay there till she gets back from the pharmacy with some meds for their 8 year old daughter. Okay... sure. *smacks head with palm* What was I thinking???

So I get there.. and my client answers the door, he communicates in sign language that we need to wait for his wife.. I respond that I know, she called me. I come in to wait. From the back area of the house, I hear a sick little voice greeting her 'Auntie... " I call back to her and let her know I'm not coming down there to see her as I don't want to get sick. Her Dad is now trying to getting his shoes on and as I turn to get a good look at him, he gives up and sits down on the couch. Oh me gosh.. he's almost green... he's got it bad too! Suddenly alarms and klaxons are going off.

DA PLAGUE, DA PLAGUE.. DANGER WILL ROBINSON.....RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!!

I tell quickly that him I am NOT going anywhere with him today, he needs to stay home and get well. He signs 'well.. okay, but I don't feel that bad' followed by a coughing fit. HUMPH! So, I write a note for his wife since she is driving and I don't want to call her. So I do and leave, hoping I have escaped as I didn't get close to either one of them. Of course the title of the post gives it away.

Ahhh.. but the pen.. someone must have used the pen he had me use... because mid day on Monday, after a totally delightful Sunday outing with pet, and holed up comfortably at his house.. my head.. starts to pounding.... and the itchy throat, erupts violently.. the lungs start to wheeze.. oh poooooo... I'm coming down with something, When Paladin gets home on Mon, he's starting to cough as well. I call my Knight Tue morning to let him know that I am sick, and that he might want to stay at his sub's house and not get it from me when I go home. I know that they will both like that idea. But.. then he tells me that roomie is back from out of town, got in the night before, and can't I just stay at Paladin's where the plague has it's talons in and keep the home castle free from it???

Dear Paladin is amenable.. and so.. here I've been all week. I was lucky enough to be able to get off work as my clients and I have a long standing agreement that we don't meet up if we are sick. No spreading it around. In fact, my Thur client called on Wed afternoon just as I was having a coughing fit.. I finally stop and manage a 'hello.. I'm sorry for that'.. After a moment of silence I hear the client say "Uh, can I see you next week instead of tomorrow?" *chuckles* 'yeah, that's a pretty good idea'

Today my Knight brought over some extra clothes for me, and left them, a corned beef and a ham on the door stoop for us. Kinda funny. Who I feel the worst for is poor Paladin.. a close relative of his boss died on Mon and since he is out of town, Paladin is in Head Techie in charge. So off he's gone off to work hacking and coughing. Bet he's popular at the office. And neither of us is sleeping very well. Too eerie to hear one's lungs rasping like an old coal miner. This coming weekend is one that we had planned to spend together, and since last Sunday has lasted the whole week, it's officially the longest stretch we've had together. I do have a Reiki Class I am supposed to be teaching on Sunday, but I'll have to have stopped this coughing before I'll risk infecting anyone else.

Paladin plays computer games with a buddy on nights that I am not here, and so I've sent him off to do that both Tue and tonight. Tonight I made bacon and pancakes for us for dinner for something simple and comforting. Guess we'll have the corned beef tomorrow.

It was kinda funny on Tue nite, when Paladin was in the office playing on the computer and I pick the show Pawn Stars to watch in in the living room as its something I like to watch at home too. Paladin comes out, looks and the show and tells me that's the same thing that he picks to watch too when he has the office tv on. Considering that he has just about every cable channel you can have, including paid, I thought it was kinda sweet I pick the same thing he would and had no idea. *grins* Can't tell you guys how often that happens with us. Sometimes I accuse him of stealing stuff out of my head.

Sniff, sniff, cough, cough... ugggh.. wish he cold get the stuff clogging up my head out of it. But that would be pretty icky. Well, on that happy note I'm going to sign off..
Wishing all good health..
safe paths,
Mystress

3 comments:

Donna said...

Dear Mystress and Paladin,
I hope you are both much improved. It seems that this season's grunge is hitting folks hard and the cough that goes with it, lingering a long while.
Please know that good thoughts for a speedy recovery are being sent from this side of the country.
Hugs,
Donna

Mystress said...

Hello Donna,
Thanks for the good wishes. We are both feelng better, but I think I'm a day or so ahead of pet. The only good thing about this illness, has been being with Paladin as much as I've been able to. All good thoughts appreciated!
Hug back,
Mystress

Paladin said...

Thank you Donna for your kind words and well wishes, we are both doing much better this day and appreaciate all the concern.