Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Greetings!

Though the hour be late, greetings to one and all!

I guess it's officially the day after Christmas now by a couple hours. I should be in bed, but after a hectic past couple days, I am enjoying the calm tonight.

And, I am filled with gratitude for being so blessed with my friends and pets. Most all of my own family is gone now, so it seems my friends are those that mean the most. I have my Knights grown children as family and it's been a busy Christmas getting everything ready for their visit on Christmas eve, always a big production. But there is a wistfulness missing my brothers and mother this year. I try not to let it get to me, and mostly it doesn't. My new 'family' has been very good about keeping me busy and happy.

But now. the house is quiet. The lights on the tree that Paladin set up for me are still twinkling. He has been asleep for many hours now, a busy day ahead of him putting up garage cabinets tomorrow. He came by tonight on his way home from his folks house.. and we got to do our Christmas gifts. And he brought some pie.. as if we needed any more. But we were all glad to see him, and he managed to get the handle thing put on my new camera that I simply had not been able to get on. One of Paladin's many skills seems to be that he can do just about anything, and do it well. Hence when I get stuck on something, well.. I can' t seem to help now but say 'I'll have Paladin do it." And low, he does. My Knight appreciates that about him a lot too. Paladin has become a vital part of our family. Even our tiny puppy is thrilled when Paladin arrives. She counts him among family and not one of those that she runs and hides from. Our kitty, we got the same summer we 'got' Paladin is also fond of him and lets him rub his belly until he decides he's had enough and away he goes. A often finicky kitty to be sure.

And, we have a new sub in training as well. Logan... who was flying across a piece of property I was in the process of acquiring a couple weeks ago in Second Life. He has been a wonderful companion there, and I've been up working on a surprise in Second Life for him tonight which I have just finished for now. Logan has been very good at doing texting and writing amusing reports. Tonight I put him up on a X cross for the first time, and put him through the paces of his Xcite collar and restraints. Both Robert and Paladin have welcomed him to the 'family' as has my Knight as well. Robert and my schedule has not been very compatible for a couple of months, and he goes to bed quite early, as does Paladin, while I tend to be a night owl. Being on the west coast has me in a later time zone then most all of my friends. But logan seems to be something of a nite owl as well, and its been quite enjoyable to have a nice subbie online at my beck and call. He is looking for rl. and our geographic distance makes that near impossible, so I will hold his collar until the right rl situation is found for him.
But in the meantime, I am going to enjoy his company quite a lot, and enjoy training him some as well So.. welcome to logan..

Also, best wishes going out to The Dominant Muse and Her girl, chyldofthenorns who will be finally meeting in person after two years this Sunday. I pray for a safe flight and easy passage on her long journey to the States. Best to you both and may you be filled with as much joy in each other as Paladin and I have found!

Well.. now its even later and I am tired... best to all out there, and if you ever wish to visit in Second Life, drop me a line or a comment.

Best to all, and to all a good nite,
Mystress




No comments: