Friday, February 13, 2009

Immense Gratitude

Greetings all,

Yes, I am finally settled into the new place.   Was a move we'd never been able to make without Paladin.  For a 16 very long hours (and it counts double that he got up at 7am on a Sat to come help Me load the car before My Knight got there with the truck and our adult son.) he toiled  loading all the things onto the truck and trailer.  Paladin was determined to get Me moved back into the city, and the poor dear actually limped off into the midnight hour on his way home.  Both My Knight and I are eternally grateful to him for his amazing service... certainly above and waaay beyond the call of a pleasure slave... but... (soft smile) certainly in accords with his service as a Paladin. 

It has been a hectic week since then, as all folks who move know. Doing all your regular stuff, plus trying to sort out where all the new stuff goes. Mon and Wed were My first ones with Paladin since moving and it felt wonderful to be back into something of our 'old' routine. Getting done with clients and coming to see him.. getting into his town a bit early on Wed gave Me the chance to shop around and find a suitable Valentines present for him.  And I liked what I found. (smile). 

Alas... I must admit, I did not miss running back up the hill to muck stalls and feed horses before rushing down the hill to Paladins, inevitably 30 to 120 mins late because of My own work before the ranch work. 

Another benefit of our new place is that the drive to his home from Myne is also shorter by about 15 mins now, which is also very nice.  

We were both still very tired from the move and unpacking, so it was a rather quiet and domestic sort of week for us. I brought dinner on Mon nite since beef is his favorite food, it was bbq brisket and ribs) , and he cooked wonderful scallops for us on Wed. Dang but he's learned to cook them perfectly! Catching up on a couple shows he records for us (Hell's Kitchen and Fringe,and now Survivor) then off to a hot bath and bed for pleasure and sleep.  

Domestic.. yes.. like others to some degree yes..
but..

He always has his collar and restraints on. He asks to use the lavatory, which I may or may not allow immediately.  He gives his sign of fealty every I enter a room.. and drops to his kneeling position at the flick of My fingers, or tug on the back of his hair. So the undercurrent of his submission, and My control... always humms softly in the background. And then..
sometimes crackles like lightening on a dry summer eve.

And hence.. ends another week.  A quiet weekend and we'll do our Valentines on Mon. Compromise.. and a gift of time and sacrifice from him, well recognized, and deeply appreciated.

Best to all,
Mystress

No comments: