Monday, August 25, 2008

Catching Up.. and Family

Good eve to all, and please excuse the length of My absence. Thank goodness for Paladin keeping things up here. Life has been quite busy with many summer adventures and some new things as well.

Paladin has been ever the solid rock in a sometimes swirling life right now. He is indeed that wonderful weeping willow tree that is grounded and solid with roots deep in the rock, and yet also shelters Me beneath its protective branches. I always feel him out there and know that any time I need his guidance and support, it is there.

Is it odd that a Domme or Mystress relies on Her slave as much as I do for his wisdom? No.. I don't think so. In this world of our lives, we all have different needs and fulfillments. In Myne, being able to rely on Paladin is one of his duties as My submissive. When he accepted to be not just My pleasure slave and Paladin, but also My 'confidant'...that added another layer of responsibility on him, which he did not agree to right away, but after pondering the seriousness of what I was asking of him, agreed with his eyes wide open. So it has become as important to Me as his other services to Me.

So... a slave or submissive can serve in many different ways..and one of the things I had to learn and to become comfortable with was that everything I do as My own style.. and if other's didn't agree or understand.. that was alright. As long as I and My pets understand that, then we are all alright. robert and Paladin are both My pets, and while they are alike in that they both belong to Me, and have given Me their submission, they also serve in different ways. robert is My servant and kajira... different from a Paladin and pleasure slave. Yet both will serve as the other if the need arose within their capacities of who they are.

I have become very fond of the teasing brotherly relationship between the two of them and I always enjoy watching them interact together or passing comments back and forth via Me sometimes about some things. They make Me laugh a lot with their antics sometimes.. and Methinks they both know it and do it to please Me. They are both wonderful men and I am very blessed to have them as Myne.

Paladin writes of our time together and swimming on Sunday. This is very special to Me.. I love to swim.. I grew up in the the pacific ocean that is not exactly warm. So I prefer what I call 'refreshing' water temps. My Knight very very rarely goes in the water having grown up with warmer Floridian waters. But Paladin, is much more like Myself and will readily jump right in and spend as much time in the water with Me as I wish. This weekend, in honor of the Olympics I decided to try a swimming competition with him. He toasted Me at every stroke. The only way I won.. was to have him swim with one arm and no legs. I watched him do that dolphin thing underwater.. and I learned that My pet can really really swim fast. Wow.. and.. I also Commanded him to do a simple dive off the board as he usually just dive in from the edge of the pool. So.. Paladin surprised Me yet again by doing a backwards somersault into the pool. It was really quite impressive..so he won the golds in swimming and diving in My own personal Olympics. And I joked that he'd have a problem with the diving because of the smallness of the bathing suits those guys wear. (grin) This has also led to some amusing conversations about the overly well endowed diver and what happens in that sort of situation with those tiny suits. All that suit tugging was also noted as the divers came out of the pools sometimes. Paladin dryly noted that perhaps they had to sit in ice baths before they went out to dive. Mmmm.. yeah.. that sounds like fun huh???

Another amusing bit was the joke about the synchronized sub swimming competition. While it hasn't come to pass yet.. I did have Paladin practicing spinning to the left, then the right.. and raising his arm up.. and pointing his toes. All done with something of a hangdog affectation. "No pet.. you have to lift your arm up. . higher! No.. higher... get your elbow up out of the water.. straighten your arm..." ... hmmm.. he did not find it amusing in the least.. He did what I wanted obediently.. but I can not say enthusiastically but it was fairly graceful and dignified. I on the other hand... was VASTLY amused. Sometimes...its good to be Queen!!!! No.. wait.. most all times its good to be Queen! I have seen part of My job with Paladin as stretching him in directions that he would not normally go. This is sexually, physically, mentally and sometimes... I enjoy doing that with silliness. He is so proper and dignified that sometimes I find it a good thing to force him into some sort of unaccustomed amusement (like the synchronized swimming) because I know that it makes him feel that submissiveness from having to do something he would normally never ever do, but does because he is obedient and subservient to Me.

Paladin did another great job with the bbq... and so yet again, My belief that putting a true carnivore in charge of the meat is by far the best choice! Thanks to Paladin for the great marinated chicken that he brought (robert is still going on about how yummy it was) along with some wonderful salad's, fresh bread and kettle onion chips.. totally tasty! My Knight had made some potato salad, and our friend C brought some delightful fruit salad as well. It was certainly a wonderful, wonderful day. Swimming and just talking with Paladin and everyone else was very relaxing and refreshing. It was the members of My odd little family all come together to enjoy each others company.

So things continue and new things are always on the horizon. Sometimes they are more intense then others. Our poly relationship is something that we are all always learning and growing from I do believe. But I think we also greatly appreciate what is is that we all have together within the family. Everyone has different roles and responsibilities within the family. But family we are for sure.

I wish all the best to all that are out there,
and send love and support to those that are enduring difficult times,
Mystress

2 comments:

kajira robert said...

Mystress Swan Well put Ma'am. I thank Palidan for providing such attentive comfort for our gracious Owner. It does make a difference brother. Keep up the good work. I missed the dive and the water ballet though. Maybe a encore performance one weekend? :) Enjoy, and Kyss's Myss's, Your Pet, Robert

Paladin said...

You may not be wishing for an encore performance if Mystress insists on a two person act.