Monday, January 21, 2013

An Anniversay Reflection

This is my FetLife journal Entry for today.
 

I started this journal out as a noting of our new life together in Texas. So it seems highly appropriate to do a entry reflecting back on our time here to date.
I first learned about FetLife from a sub friend in mid Dec of 2011. When she found out I was moving here, she immediately said I had to join here to get to know folks where I was going. I was totally clueless. I didn't really use social media. In Dec of 2011, there was the one Happy Birthday post on my Facebook page when that same friend left a post for that year. She noted I didn't post to Facebook. My cousins and friends, on my good-by tour made me promise to use it to keep in touch, and so I have. And I've used Fet to make new friends and family.

Last year at this very time, Paladin and I were here on a short house hunting expedition. We had only a few days to find the as close to perfect home as we could. It had only been a couple of weeks since both our worlds had turned upside down and we were faced with a sudden relocation from our separate homes, to together here. First the recommendation for my VA treatment and then two days later, his work's relocation both turned out to be based just north of Houston. What are the odds??? So we left behind all our family and friends on our adventure into this new life together.

I am sitting in the house that was our fave on the internet first time we saw it in mid Dec. We loved it both on the net and in person way above any other, and made a (obviously successful) bid on it before we left. And oh my gosh, there were some real misrepresentations going on with some of those internet house pictures. And we love our house, we really really do! And we've loved sharing it with our friends and family!

So much has happened in our lives since that trip. And it's all gone pretty much according to plan. Well, except for kitty Leo making an escape that first morning of the drive out and we got delayed chasing him through neighbors yards for an hour. But we got him safely back in his cage. God bless my dear Lady Dawn, who agreed to ride with me from CA to TX... with a cat in the back seat that she was quite allergic too. She ate allergy pills all the way. She is coming for a visit at the end of Feb through mid March. Yummy!

Other then that... every thing has been amazingly perfect. Paladin has a strength in making long term goals and plans - and then making them come about. I know I am well blessed to have a man such as he in my life. All my Lady friends in Sac adored him. In fact, I don't think I've met one person who doesn't like my Paladin. And more then one likes to drool a bit sometimes. Including me. Love them rugby thighs!

Back in California (no longer home) We had several sub and Domme friends and participated in the Sacramento Domme group, it was a much smaller group then SAF. Perhaps total about 20 Dommes and subs. There was only one small room that was the 'dungeon,' and we never got a chance to play in it because of A) the long lines. B) We tended to be much more private.
But they did have some fun parties and demos there too.

On the 31st of this month, my divorce from my soon to be ex will be final. (Thanks to all the helped out in my legal thread, that pointed me to where to git er done!) I got the signed papers back last week. Whoot whoot! And then, on the 6th of Feb, he and his sub fly in to visit for two weeks. This visit is both to give them a bit of a vacation and as thanks to them for cleaning out the duplex we lived in after I had my breakdown and couldn't manage to do it myself. Bless their hearts, they got it packed and emptied and cleaned. And we all know what a lot of work that can be. Meanwhile, I had been ensconced at Paladins and in some pretty intense therapy and being told to avoid stress. Paladin was quite avid about my not being stressed either. He was in full protector mode. So they really, really stepped up and took care of it all and we both deeply appreciate it. Funny, it was my ex Master M who helped Paladin move my stuff from my duplex to Paladin's house in his truck. Since Paladin lived only 6 miles from me at the time of the move it was easy to move my stuff from my place to his as his work was paying to have all of Paladin's belongings moved to TX. I mean.. seriously.. can it get any more convenient????.

And Life with Paladin... is .. idyllic. He is really very easy going and a lot of fun to live with. We kept our days to some degree of my Mon's and Tue's when we specifically do whatever I want, and his online computer nights of Tue and Thur when he plays his online games with his friends back in California. Paladin likes schedules routine and so do I. My ex God bless him.. is highly .. eccentric. Much like Eisenstein, brilliant but little common sense sometimes, and less then none financially. And he is perpetually late. And loses things.. gets locked out of places and runs out of gas. On and on.. absent minded has his pic next to it. Paladin on the other hand, is both logical and spiritual and well grounded. It was he who rescued my ex from many foibles over the years. We were an interesting triad. But now.. things have evolved as it feels they should for all of I. We are all still good friends and I'm glad of it. My ex says he always meant to give me to Paladin... he just didn't know when. But it was certainly the right time when it came.

Paladin and I have both loved Texas since that first visit here, and only more so since then. Everyone has been sooo wonderful and welcoming to us. There were many things we didn't get a chance to do last year as we were just settling in that we hope to do this year.
This is also a thank you to all the wonderful friends and family we now have here! We expect 2013 to be the best ever!

Everything about this move, this place and life with Paladin is just simply amazing!!

Best to all out there!
Mystress

3 comments:

mouse said...

So happy for you both!!

Hugs,
mouse

Mystress said...

Smiles.. thank you bunches mouse!!! We are incredibly happy together.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.