Tuesday, September 4, 2012

End of Summer

Greetings friends and readers!

So the end of summer is here officially.  Paladin left on Sat for a 10 day trip back to CA to see his family and friends.  It feels odd to be rattling around in this place by myself.  I sure miss him a lot.  His ability to know what I am thinking and what I need, often even before I do.  But, I am glad he's having a great visit and I'll be glad to pick him up next Mon. Buttt... then, on Sat, I go for my visit to CA, and mine, is going to be much longer then his.  I'll be gone for almost a month, and be back the day before my birthday.  What was I thinking when I planned so long to be away from him??? 

Well, I guess that I have lots of friends and family to see not just in Sacramento, but also in San Francisco, Antioch, Penyrn and then down in LA.  I've not been back to my home city of LA since 2006.  But I'll be with my best friend from elementary school, and going to the beach house down in Newport and Balboa Island where we've been going since grade school whenever I was around after high school graduation to do it. Looking forward to seeing her and her family. Her parents have been wonderful my whole life. This will be my first time seeing so much family though since my breakdown.. and the truth about my military sexual trauma coming out.  I have a cousin and also a uncle and another cousin to see while I am in LA, and I am looking forward to seeing all of them.  My step dad.... not so much.  Things were so crazy with him the last time I saw him, and he doesn't remember where I am or why, even though I send him postcards about once a month to try and remind him.  His Alzheimer's has really got him acting odd, and I can't be alone with him for any time at all.  His brother and nephew are his remaining living relatives, and they have a very hard time with him also. So, I'll just pray for the best, and as Paladin says,'Go with the flow'. 


I will be doing something super important on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of Sept, and that is volunteering again at the Sacramento Stand Down for homeless veterans. I really enjoyed it last year, and am thrilled that I'll be in CA at the time to be able to volunteer again!  I am looking forward to seeing some friends there again, and my friend devynz is going to go with me to volunteer, and I think my beloved exMaster Will is also. Weeeeee!

On another front, we have a new sub that I have accepted into our family 'House' and for training.  He is a real noobie for sure, and has a lot to learn.  He had written me on Fet Life and asked if I might accept him for training. I met him a couple of times at coffee's and such with Paladin, and then he and I discussed it at length.  It was agreed between us that as I have had Robert in SL, and some others, and that this fella needed some gentle guiding, we would accept him. A fellow Domme, Lady A,  has also agreed to help with his training, especially since I will be gone for a whole month, and I don't want him to be without any sort of approved activities till I get back. There are always some rough spots with a new addition, but I will say he has been very helpful, and he lives not too far away, so he can come and help me if I need something while Paladin is away.  He did help me a bunch on Sat eve by moving some boxes as I hunted for my DVD of Secretary to show him.  I finally found it (and my DVD's and CD's - Yaaaay!!) buried deep in the closet in our study.  And then we watched the movie, and I think he liked it.  Funny how I seem to pick up some new detail from it when I watch it yet again.

Yesterday , my Domme friend Lady A and I hosted a party here,(thanks to her hubby B for being our Grill Master for the day, and making fantastic TX brisket, ribs and chicken quarters!) 

My new sub J,  was very very helpful in getting things set up and helping clean up, with another very very sweet female sub D. I have coffee with her every Thur and this was the first time she and her hubby had been here.   The two subs worked together after dinner and had my kitchen so cleaned up, it was the first party I ever had where I didn't have to do anything except wash some towels to clean up! Awesome jobs guys, and thank you so very much!!  We also had an fascinating demo of a 'Neon Wand ) (found on Amazon)  and  attachment to go with it that lets your body conduct the electricity called a 'Power Tripper'.  (Thanks to F and his sub J for bringing it and showing us how they work!!)  Both items are relatively inexpensive but seem great for sensation play which is something Paladin and I enjoy quite a bit. It was a wonderful party with good food and friends.   I had been up pretty late and early since last Thur, and I swore to finally catch up and sleep in this morning. I guess I did, cuz it was 11am when I finally woke up.  Whew.. felt better and more rested for sure.

So there is the catch up I've been meaning to do for a few weeks now. Somehow, time seems to slip by.

Sending good wishes to all out there, hope you had a nice holiday!
Mystress

1 comment:

Sue said...

my goodness -- what a whirl! You've got a lot happening, but you sound wonderful! I am so glad.

hugs, swan