Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Family Visit

Is.. done. Whew. For the record... I like his family a lot.. great folks.. Love his mom especially.. sweet lady, and pet looks more like her then his dad.. and since his mom is also quite pretty..I can see where he got his good looks. His dad is a bit gruff, and very old fashioned. His two brothers are good guys too. Paladin is the eldest child, and you can certainly see that in the family dynamics. I am sure that he is also the more open minded of the group. How he got that way, I'm not sure.. but he is quite different from the rest in that his mind is much more open to many things then the rest of the family.

The week was... rough.. The worst part...was having to sleep upstairs alone in my room. Didn't like that one bit....although it turns out my bed is more comfy then his, and once kitty Leo figured out where I was, he came up knocking on my door to come in and keep me company. :)

The reason for my sleeping upstairs... was because his family didn't really know anything about me until we were getting ready to move. I mean, how many of your parents have any idea of what your REALLY up to? In his case, they knew I was the wife of a friend of his. Well.. that's what they thought they knew anyways. I think the word 'Triad' isn't in their lexicon. No way to explain to them that things sometimes start one way, and then evolve to something else. In our case, it was with the the full support and encouragement of the spouse.

They found out the same time their beloved son is moving from CA to Tx that he is bringing this woman along.. his friends wife. Well.. now his friend and wife are separating and divorcing. but the wife.. is with him? His family is from one of the British colonies (till they kicked the Brits out) but, they have a very strong, old fashioned moral code, and all this has twisted their heads some. (Polyamory isn't i their lexicon either) So... the plan was to give them time to get used to me, and the idea. So... we had to play that we are 'just' good friends right now. Roommates. Paladin says his Dad asked him a few times what our 'arrangement' was. And Paladin would say there wasn't one. That I was living with him and that I have a home with him as long as I want. That I have no family left anymore and needed a fresh start, and that he offered to let me come along, and I took him up on it. They can see we work well as a team. But it wreaked havoc on me some. First... not being able to be at all Mystressy with him.. but that wasn't too awful. It was the not being able to hug him, or touch him or look at him the way I feel. Waking up from nightmares alone was awful too. Pretending that we are just good 'friends'... really hard to do. We both had tears in our eyes several times during the week. Good thing I had my journal to pour all those feelings into.

But.... bless his sweet heart, Paladin made sure I was included in everything that he could. One of my first inclinations was to withdraw into myself and my room and just stay up there. But Paladin was adamant, the only way I'd become the part of the family he wanted me to be, was for me to participate and be around them all as much as possible. For instance...last Mon, they had planned a trip to Galveston. There were 5 of the family total, and that's all that would fit in the car. So Paladin informed his family we were taking two cars so that I could go. At first, I told him no, and I'd stay home as his family had come all this way to see him and spend time with him, and taking two cars all the way to Galveston was silly. He said it wasn't up for discussion and that I was going with them. Humm,, is that topping from the bottom? I did think about refusing, but he wanted me to go so much.... and truth be told, I wanted to go too. So I did. We drove there in his car, (which did give us a nice break alone together to hold hands and touch some) and his family followed in their rental car. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it a lot as well. Galveston reminded me of Pensacola, where I was based while in the Navy. And they are building a 'Pleasure Pier'. No pooo, that's what they are calling it. Looks like it will be a lot of fun when its done. They already want to come back and see it when its finished.

On Tue, his youngest brother had to fly back to CA for work as he could only get a few days off. So that put the number of us back to 5, and then I could fit in the car with the rest of them. They loved the area. Wed we went up to Lake Conroe and his Dad was quite interested in property prices up there. He may be thinking of a local vacation home. Thur we went up to the Woodlands to walk around and have dinner. But we left before dark and they didn't get to see it at night... next trip. And then on Fri, we went to see Dark Shadows... which everyone liked even those that didn't think they would. By the end of the week Paladin says his mom was making reference to 'you guys will find many fun things to do here'. Sat, his mom gave me hug me when they left.   beams

After the week... I was feeling a bit withdrawn still. Having had to pull in myself to be around him with his family here was hard and hurt. Paladin says that the worst is over now.. that they have met me, seen how well we get along. So it would be a natural progression for us to be closer next time they come visit. I hope so, cuz I am not sure I can handle doing all that again.

Soooo.. after they left... We were both relieved but tired from driving all over. And I really wasn't up to a public play party, and decided we'd do our own. I did greatly enjoy putting his collar on after a week, and his restraints... and then I tied pet down and flogged the holy heck out of him with the soft flogger...some with the stingy flogger and crop too.. oh, and I also ran the Gutenberg wheel all over him.. some icy metal on some tender parts too. Followed by all sorts of various other implements from the play bag all over him. Put him in his sub place but good!

Now that visit is over. Not sure how long till the next one, but Paladin thinks it will only be a few months. Our next round of visitors starts in mid July, but they are friends, the first will be my ex Mistress, and then the Germans at the end of the month. They are vanilla, but still, I won't have to sleep upstairs. Heh. No more of that!

Much thanks to all our friends at Fetlife for their suggestions of places to go. They are on the list for the next time, and the next round of visitors.

And that's... the real story of how the first family visit went.

Best to all, 
Mystress

4 comments:

mouse said...

Sounds like a lovely visit. You also made mouse aware of something about herself.

Hugs,
mouse

Mystress said...

Yes mouse.. it was a lovely visit for sure! But now.. you've made me very curious... what did you learn????
Warmly,
Mystress

mouse said...

Oh Ma'am,

So much of what you wrote resonated with mouse...in probably a rather odd way. The visit did sound very lovely, but when you wrote about feeling withdrawn...that was something mouse could relate to big time...

That need to decompress. That's when mouse just dreams about cranking up the stereo and getting lost in music (probably because that's what she did as a kid). Omega has a wonderfully large, loving family...but to mouse they just overwhelm her...

Now mouse will admit that much of this is likely her own projections in what amounted to a sentence or two from you...

It just struck an odd chord.

And it's meant in no way to be offensive or anything close to that to you or Paladin.

Hugs,
mouse

Mystress said...

Dear mouse.. thank you for your lovely comments. Having so many folks around can be overwhelming for me sometimes. And I dunno.. maybe part of it was the Mystress thing.. Paladin often spoils me with his attention and devotion.. and having to share him with family was alright.. but I missed our playful interactions and having to work to call him by his given name instead of 'pet' as per my usual, was also quite a challenge. I was glad to escape to the peacefulness of my room, even as I missed Paladin.
And nothing you say is ever offensive hon!
warmly,
Mystress