Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Better Week

Greetings Readers and Friends,

Backing away from the situation that put me in an emotional tailspin last week seems to have helped. I am still there.. and supportive, but I can't.. and won't put myself in a situation where I let myself be hurt when trying to help someone else. I can't try to help then when they don't want it. I have my own mental fish to fry so to speak. And getting well, and being happy, is primary to that. It's in those sorts of times when Paladin takes his job of looking after me mentally and physically even more seriously. He does not like to find me so upset by someone else, and he reminds me that I really do have to look out for my mental well being while it's still a delicate matter. He's even threatened to spank me if I get out of line. WHOOOOA... just wait here a minute stud boy..... that's a .. ummm NO. In fact... I reminded him... that he always gets to take any spanks I might have earned. And in fact.... he could spank himself for me. A nice solid wooden hairbrush is good for that... and I've got a really suitable one just for the job. *nods* yuppers. And he does NOT like its sting one little bit... so I think he's withdrawn that idea for now. But... he's said more then once he'd be more then willing to take any spanking for my well being. Dang..... how can I argue with that logic?

On a brighter note, we are meeting more folks and continuing to socialize through the local Fet Life group, and having a wonderful time. We got invited to a catfish fry up at a local lake with (we'll call them BnB) the great couple we've linked up with from our first visit down here in Jan, and then they came and helped build all our bedrooms. Amazing friends!! And they had a couple up there camping with them that we met and liked a lot as well, also part of the local Fet Life group. And tomorrow nite, we are going to a munch at a restaurant to see some of the folks we've met before and some new ones. Then on the 21st we go to our first local play party. We've always preferred to watch and socialize for starters, and it's our good friends BnB anniversary, and it will be fun to watch.... as this will be the last time she can do any impact play as she teaches swimming and can't have marks on her till the end of the season. awwwwww.... Lucky for me... Paladin has no such restrictions. Although it's been a very long time since I left any marks on him. Hmmmmm...

This week.. on Mon.. I went to my first MST group at the local Vet Center. Some very nice ladies there. One of them was attacked on her birthday in 2010, and her Bday is coming round again this coming Sat, and she's invited us all over for a party.. to try and make new, better memories. Paladin insists I go, which is good, because I can tend to pull in and not socialize, but I agree that's its good for me.. and certainly I hope will be good for this new friend. It's down in Houston, where I've not driven by myself yet, so I hope it won't be too complicated to find.

On making that easier though, my old iphone's GPS was always a bit behind and I kept getting lost here. So a couple weeks ago Paladin took me to ATT and got me a Galaxy Note.... wow!!! What a great piece of technology this phone is! And it's GPS is great, so I won't be getting lost anymore. It even speaks and tells me which directions to turn and such. Makes driving soooo much easier. He wants to upgrade his phone to one of these but he's got a while to go still.

Lastly.. teeth.... pain.... bad. Started on Fri nite... shooting through my eye and top of my head with terrible pain. So Paladin sent me to the dentist yesterday. Diagnosis - Not good. I know I had a couple of broken back teeth, but I've developed an infection and so am now on both antibiotics and pain pills. I am not a fan of pain pills.. I hate the way they make me feel. But I was up to 6 ibuprofen and not getting better. The dentist was really nice and is going to try and hook me up with a local dental school that helps out veterans to get much of the work done for free or on a sliding scale. So I am being dutiful and taking the antibiotics and Tylenol with codeine. Yuck. but it has dropped the pain to being bearable. Much thanks to Paladin again... who just keeps getting better and better as a pet and partner!

Well.. that's about it for right now.. I told Paladin last nite that he's waaaaay past due a posting here, and so after Survivor, I'll be having him fill in about his perspective of TX and our new life.

Wishing everyone out there all the best...
Mystress

No comments: