Sunday, August 22, 2010

Catching Up and Dead Links

Greetings all,

This entry starts out with a thank you to Paladin for stopping by on Fri nite, on his way home from time visiting with his buddies. He musta sensed how much I would have liked for him to do that. I was shocked at the doorbell ringing so late, but sometimes it the neighbors or something.. and yet.there it was.. him. *sighs happily* I DO love surprise visits like that.. things off schedule. He looked and felt tired though, so I didn't let him stay long. It was a treat that he stopped by as late as it was, and as early as it was that he got up.

I was in the midst of trying a new recipe for microwave fudge sauce. He was aghast that it had a whole stick of butter in it, plus a cup of sugar. milk, vanilla. Though it was the butter that was the most shocking. Still, it came out very very good, and little goes a long way. Pet got to watch me doing candy testing on the mix as it boiled, until it got to the soft ball stage.
It was fun to have him around while I was doing it. But it was going to take a while to cool enough to use it, so I sent him on his way with more hugs and kisses.. Thank you again my dear Paladin.. your thoughtfulness tis much appreciated!!!


On other fronts.. things have been running smoothly. Paladin has has a couple of work things that have kept him busier then usual, but that never affects his going about his duties. It can't be said too much, how much I appreciate him. His, steady nature and always optimistic outlook on things. When the world swirls around so much, he never does. He has his lists and goals, and by gosh, he manages to just plow ahead, strong and steady and accomplish them one after another. So I am grateful to have one as him.

Which leads me to mention that he had another birthday since the last time I posted.... and I always enjoy celebrating it, even if he doesn't. I am glad he is in this world, and like to make it known. He did take his birthday spanking quite well. *grins* So, again, I do have a gladness for his presence! Owning Paladin is a lot like owning the very best toy on the block, and being aware enough to know it.. which I am.

And that appreciation gets deeper, when I know of those that didn't make it. Even after years. And that grieves me deeply. 'They' are gone now... and yet, I've not had the heart to take down their links from here. So if you click and they go no where.. that's....why. When I click and it just goes to a deleted page.. my heart drops. And it makes me want to clutch my Paladin closer... but.. I take a deep grounding breath. and know... I don't need to. He is honest, and loyal.. and. always insistent on no holds barred communications. Since he gave me the special ring on our first anniversary, I have no doubts to his allegiance and devotion. And in that..
I know I am very very lucky.

I'll continue to send all good thought to all, and hope that they may find the same happiness that we have.


Best wishes to all..
Mystress

No comments: