Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Holidays Come and Go and 2014 Goals and Plans

We have had a very quiet holiday season, and it has been very peaceful.   It wasn't about 'stuff'' just about being together.  Life with Paladin, continues to be joyful!  He is.. amazling fun to live with, as well as being very competent in taking care of all manner of things.  We love all of our times together and still wonder at simple things, like not having to record the Survivor Finale so that we can watch it together.  I've learned that pets favorite thing to eat spur of the moment is Mexican.  He has been busy working on his big military truck that will pull our little home on wheels when we get it.  The travel show that that pet has been waiting for is this coming weekend and he is quite excited - for him.  He had to work last nite so we stayed home and enjoyed just being together.    

I did a 'journal' post on Fet today about my goals and plans for 2014.  I am posting it here too to keep friends here up to date as well.

---

1/1/2014



2014 Is starting out watching the Lord of the Rings Trilogy with pet.. seems appropriate for 2014. A looong story of how the smallest and simplest was able to save the world with the help of a few loyal friends and protectors who believed in Good overcoming evil. -nods- That small group overcame insurmountable odds and grew in size. It gives me hope that change for the better can be wrought if we work at it together. Let us all as a community work togther to foster what is best for all. To be as loving and kind as we can be, to be of service to others and to give benifit of the doubt, and Grace. That is my over arching goal.
The last doc that the VA sent me to at the beginning of Dec for my last eval told me that I needed set goals, and to find a couple of causes to get behind next (now this) year and work actively towards changing something helps me move from survivor to advocate. The things I care about most that I can do something to help change. She asked me what those things would be and I told her. She strongly encouraged me to be as proactive as possible. So, I am following doctors orders, being a good little sailor and here are my goals for 2014.
This is not actualy a goal, but a way of being. To keep Paladin as happy and healthy as possible. To be there for him, as he is for me. To keep him feeling valued and adored as my most prize... Precious. Yes.. he is My Precious.. and I can get golum like in my obsession to be sure that he is at the best he can be, and that I do the best I can for him as he does for me. I adore my one and only Paladin!
The first actual 'goal' that I told the doc I was going to do is to be actively working with other veterans to promote the passage of the Military Justice Improvement Act. I am a survivor of military sexual trauma. I never reported because I knew that the perps were best buddies with both the Chiefs and the Commanders who decided if cases went forward or not. I also saw Commanders overturn a guilty verdict because they were buddies with the guy and felt that the training of e-5 of e-6 was worth more then a measly e-1 or e-2. This Act will take that out of the chain of Command. The military is fighting this tooth and nail. They say they will change it. Well, my attacks happened 76-80 and NOTHING HAS CHANGED. If it were your son, (1 out of 5 males will be sexually attacked in the service) or daughter (1 out of 3) sibling, grandchild, mate, or friend, what sort of justice would you want for THEM? Would YOU want to leave it at the odds of how good of buddys the perp may be with the Commander. Or that Commanders mind set? Or would you want someone impartial (geee, in the civilian world a judge with some connection to someone involved in the the case in't allowed to be on a case, they must recuse themselves) to look at the evidence and make that decision??? A vote comes up in Jan for this. I ask every one of you out there to think of a veteran or service person that you love.. and call your Senator or Representative and tell them you want them to stand behind and pass the Military Justice Improvement Act.
Here is a link to more info about it:
http://www.gillibrand.senate.gov/mjia
This vote comes up THIS MONTH
Click on this to find your representive if you are here in TX:
http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/Home.aspx
The next 'goal' is a bit more controversial, but interestingly enough, the Doc was very much in favor of my doing as much as I could to promote my next cause. Which will be much harder here in TX. And that is to work on changing the laws regarding medical and recreational cannabis here in TX. I have joined the Texas Normal group and plan to do my best as a veteran who has had 6 out of 7 doctors (including VA docs both here and in CA) tell me that cannabis is the best medicine for my PTSD. It was a Marine veteran with PTSD, who stepped up to a counter in Denver at 8am this morning to be the first person in our nation to buy cannabis legally in 70 years. I pray that by 2016, I'll be able to do the same thing here. This doc told me that she had read studies on how much cannabis can help with PTSD, and 'off the record' she encouraged me to pursue its legalization for medicinal purposes.
Here is a link to Texas Norml.
http://texasnorml.org/
For both subjects folks need to step up and do something. Here is the web page again where you can find out who your reps are and get the contact info here in TX.
http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/Home.aspx
The other thing I'll be doing per docs orders is some travelling. what they don't know is I'll be doing it with my ex-Mistress, now dearest Domme friend. We have travelled from CA to Maryland together by car and all up and down the CA coast. I'll be flying out to CA right after Michell from Hell's Valentine party, and then she'll drive me back to TX. That will be my first trip this year.
The next will be our trip to Europe. We are going to be going to the Munro Clan gathering at Castle Foulis, which has been in my family for over 800 years. Over 300 Munros are expected to come. It will last for 3 days. Hikes, pipers, history, Highland Games, Scotch tasting and a formal Scottish dinner and dance on Sun night! My Da used to talk about Foulis.. and the family there. I look forward to meeting Hector, Chief of Clan Munro. I also firmed up on Mon that our trip will start in Amsterdam (per recommendation from my German friends who live 3 hrs from there), where my friends from Germany will meet up with my friend and I and we'll head to Germany for a couple days before catching a train up to Scotland. Then we'll come back down through London, meet up with my German friends again and then we'll spend a few weeks seeing London, Cornwall and Germany with them. We may then be in Spain for a couple of weeks, and then Italy. I want to see a fjord while I am in Europe, and my friends have promised to take me to see one. I have always wanted to see Europe and I look forward to it bunches. It looks to be about 8 weeks of travelling, and I'll miss pet something terribly! But its something he strongly supports as C and I have been planning this trip for two years now, ever since I saw that the Munro's were having this clan gathering this year, and she got her retirement from the state of CA. Two Dommes traipsing around Europe.. so don't be surprised at some groups I might be joining from over the puddle.. that's why. She's already connected up with a couple of subs in some of the areas we'll be travelling.
Oh.. and as an avid reader, I am thrilled that the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon is coming to Starz in 2014. Love the cast they have so far. Keep an eye out for it if you have Starz, it's a great story.. better then Game of Thrones to me. Set in Scotland, and I am going to see if we can go where they are shooting if they are when we are there.
Keeping the House of Swan and its members and friends happy and well as best I can is both first and last on my list. I thank all of them for their help last year, and know I'll need it again this year. And I will be there to help any and all that I can as well.
On a last note, my VA case moved to the 'preperation for decision' phase on the E-Benefits website yesterday, so I expect to have a decision on it in the next week or so. Please send all good thoughts for it to come to pass. Then I can finally get my teeth and jaw that got busted up while I was in the Navy fixed by the VA, it will also give me a great sense of justice that they will compensate me as best they can for that which there is no compensation enough for.
I wish all friend and family a wonderful New Year and a most Excellent 2014, the year of the Horse shall rock!
Mytress Swan

2 comments:

Sue said...

I wish you both a very happy new year. I am so glad to be here with you.

mouse said...

Happy new year!!