Thursday, September 11, 2008

More Busy Times...and a Bit of Catching UP

Good day all,

Nowadays it seems like the only time I do truly get to relax is here at home with Paladin. I was 'lucky' enough to have an afternoon client cancel on Me early this morning, so I sent a text to Paldin to ask if he'd be home for lunch and could I bring some Togo's? He wrote back, yes lunch would be nice. I got a bit discombobulated finding the place because they are redoing the front of the Togo's where Paladin had taken Me before for lunch in his town and it looked totally different.

I had asked Paladin what sort of sandwhich he wanted, and he wrote back for Me to 'surprise him'. Well.. (smiles) he's lucky thats not too dangerous a thing to say when I'm going to a simple sandwhich shop. I knew he loved beef... the weather was such that it could have gone hot or cold.. but I went cold on this one. I knew he liked the crunchy bread, so choosing that was easy. Turns out the only thing he didn't want on it was the pepper thingy's which I don 't care for more then about one bite of either. It was nice to reflect as they made the sandwhiches what I knew that he liked. He's not a picky eater anyways, but tis still nice to be able to order something I think he'd liked. After that, I saw another one I'll get for him next time that related to something else he told Me he liked. Storing those bits and pieces about our subs and their likes and dislikes is as important as them remebering what we Dommes do and don't like I think.

So I after reading some and then puttering around a bit I've settled down to do a blog on his computer here. Nice and peaceful, a good time to write, and as I sit in his office on his computer here, I feel so very connected to him. I don't have a specific topic, just some random musings.

One of the things I enjoy very much about My pet, is how he goes out of his way to get things for Me that he knows I enjoy, and I delight in the two-way mode that we have in sharing things with each other. I like to find things for him, and then he for Me.

Sometimes these things can cause some amusing interactions as well. Like him knowing how much I love this particular gum it turned out we both liked. Bless his heart, they had a variety package at Costco that he got for Me and then sent Me a pic of on Sat, which caused kajira robert who was sitting at My feet to call Paladin a 'bootlicker'. When I texted that to Paladin, his response was "no, I don't lick boots, I prefer a little higher ty'. This gave Me a great laugh and left both robert and My Knight chuckling.

Which brings Me to how much I enjoy texting with Paladin and the comfort it brings Me. To know that he is just at the end of a quick stream of letters that fly through the air. Nice and private. No voice needed. And those texts can fire us both up... or like when I was very very tired and working very late one day a couple weeks ago, and Paladin sent Me a most charming pic of his 'sword' at full staff... with the caption 'smiling now?'... and yes.. it lifted Me right up out of My exhaustion. Made Me grin for hours. I'd turn My phone away from the folks I was working with and take another quick peek.. yup.... still as delicious looking at the first time.

Paladin told Me at lunch today that his crazy work schedule will be starting on Mon. He has prepared Me for this pretty good, and he's been wonderful in sharing some delightful times with Me in the past few weeks. I will worry about him if they do have him up in the middle of the nite running tests and such, but he's a strong man and I know that he'll get through it. I'll send him lots of Reiki and good energy. I'll miss him, but as he always says, that just builds us up for the times when we return to each other.

We've both share the guilty pleasure of enjoying reality tv together. We find we like things that others in our circle are not so fond of. We both love Survivor and are excited about the return of it soon. Paladin has watched Big Brother 10 with Me, and been very fun to talk stratgy with. I like Amazing Race as well which will be starting soon. There have been a couple busts, like American Gladiators which was moaningly horrific and Toughes Jobs which has been hard to get into. Even Paladin rolls his eyes at My watching Outsiders Inn and Gone Country 2, both on CMT... and if there is one thing that Paladin isn't... its a fan of country music. (grin) luckily, those come on nites when I don't see Paladin, so kajira robert gets to suffer through those with Me. He tends to be of a more sillier mind like I am, so we do enjoy it alot. I think Paladin would rather be flogged then forced to watch 'Best Redneck Wedding Ever'... which robert and I howled over.. I mean who could turn down haybales in a mud bog with trucks, Tom Arnold and such???
The grooms cake was a shot armadillo. Totally tastless, but funny as all get out.

All in all, things are going pretty smoothly I think in our corner of the world. We've not had any great new adventures, but we have settled into something pleasing and comfortable for us all. Some things are a bit distablizing that has nothing to do with Paladin, but he has been the one solid thing in My world that is always reliable. I'd have to say that kajira robert has also been extremely comforting during some difficult times and it's been a continued blessing to have him living with us. We took him on our trip to see My Knights brother and the ocean. He had a great time and they all loved him. He especially charmed them with his lovely guitar music and My sister in law would love to have him come live there and help her as he has Me... well. but I don't think she'd be doing the daily spankings that he needs to feel connected and submissive.

Which is an interesting dicotomy between robert and Paladin... Paladin enjoys many sensual things, but being spanked is not one of his 'needs' as it seems to be roberts... well.. that's until he gets it.. and then he is wondering what the heck he was thinking. (grin)

I had meant to mention before now how much I love the beautiful silver ring that Paladin gave Me on our anniversary, with his pledge 'Forever yours... Paladin' ingraved inside it. I find when things are difficult now, I am touching it or turning it around on My finger.. and it gives Me great comfort. Sometimes I take it off and see his words to Me there inside it..and I can feel a peace settle over Me as I slip it back on. I love it when Paladin touches it too, like he did at lunch today.. its a very special connection beween us.

Above all.. I feel so very deeply blessed that the wonderful man that Paladin is, has chosen Me as his only Mystress. I wish all the best to all out there who are still looking.. I know its hard.. we both remember that time vividly.. but.. the rewards of persistance are amazing.

Best to all,
Mystress


2 comments:

The Enchanted Ranger said...

Mystress...

It is always a pleasure and an inspiration to read your words and to take in the status and progress of your time with your Paladin.

Enchantress and i are doing well, and are coming up on our one year marriage anniversary....

kudos to you both, and be well,

ranger

Paladin said...

Gratz on your soon to be one year anniversary. OUr 1 year was lovely indeed and its great to be in service to Mystress for so long.