Sunday, October 10, 2010

October

October os both my favorite and least favorite month of the year. Fall is the time of year that reminds me of how time passes. It is the time of anniversaries long held close to the heart. My brothers and mother died in Oct of differing years. It is also my birthday month as Paladin has noted. I also gained one of my most cherished possessions one Halloween. Oct, good and bad, emotional in all is glory. It is the waning of summer and the moving into fall.

The falling leaves, more then the first of Jan signal a changing of the year. For me, this is always the time to look back and reflect on where things stand from the year before. Another year, ticked by. Where are things now, from where they were last year. If I were not so firm in the love other's have for me, then I might be more shaken at this time of year, but I know it is steadfast and steady and they know I count on it. The reassurance of that is always much appreciated. No matter how the years may turn, some devotions run like a redwood taproot.. deep, solid and ever reliable. I am always grateful for the love my pets have for me, and what I have for them. Whatever other things may shift, that love remains strong.

Paladin posted recently that he would strive to do everything he could do to keep this relationship and I believe him for his actions reflect his words. Things can change as years go by. In the best situations, they deepen and strengthen as our relationship has. Sometimes there are storms on the seas, which is when I need to remember to ride the waves, and float above the tempest with my first mate's at hand to man the sails and rudder, and help us steer the right directions. And we always manage.

So, another fall is here, and the leaves are turning, soon the wind will be blowing, but hopefully the harvest will be in before the rains come.

Happy fall to all,
Mystress


No comments: