Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Different Kind of Valentines

Hello Friends,

On Sat Paladin took me out for dinner to celebrate early. Lobster and steak, mmm yummy.
So.. on Tue, I decided to cook for him. A lovely seasoned and browned pork loin over caramelized baby carrots, mushrooms, celery and onion, baked in some nice Zinfandel. It had just the right yummy smell when he came in. Love it when he follows his nose into the house. Grins. Another way of controlling the totally carnivorous Paladin.

He brought me a lovely card with words of endearment that make me know I've got one of the best men on the planet by my side, forever. And he also brought me a box of Godiva truffles milk and dark ( my fave) .. mmmm.. more yummy! Told him I'll save most for the upcoming road trip to TX. Will enjoy a couple every night, and save a couple for our first nite in our new house.

I had got him a card, some of his fave coconut candies, a laser pointer for him and the kitty. Which they both played hours with. Pet had a good time getting kitty to chase the red laser all over the house, and little dog chased kitty. Both were pooped after a good half hour of it. "Stick a fork in them, they're done" Paladin declared when he came back into the living room. Sure enough, both dog and kitty were panting and flopped down on the floor. A little later I looked down to see little dog nestled on Paladin's arm and him absentmindedly fondling her ears as we caught up on Grimm. (great show btw)

Then Paladin said it was time to take care of something else, and we spent the rest of the eve setting up my bills for my new situation. He moved my att to his account, put his pay info on my SL account till I get my disability in, and gave me a check to put in my new veteran's bank account. Deposits will take a bit longer, but its very convenient no matter where I am, and its a account that my disability check can go into. This was, and is .. .all big stuff to me. I am having a bit of a hard time with it still. Its something I can't seem to get over yet. Not working. Not having my own income. Having to wait for the VA to tell me what its going to do. Sometimes my mind feels like a rat.. that keeps trying to find another way to do something in a maze. I do have a Reiki attunment to do for a friend in a nearby town next week, and so that will give me a bit of $$ to have. But I'd do it even if she didn't have the $. It is one of the things that gives me the most joy still, and being able to make new Reiki practitioners is one of the greatest blessings I have in my life, next to pet. Our new house will have a lovely room with double doors right inside the entrance that we'll use for Reiki/Library/Guest room where I can do sessions and classes, but with a really nice fold out couch too for folks that need to be downstairs. I am really looking forward to getting that going again too.
All of this, the house shopping the moving and such all seems like a huge perpetual Valentines Day to me. I'd say every day since I have owned Paladin has been like Valentines Day. But now, it's more wonderful then ever. Every morning when I wake up here, I am smiling. Huge change for me.

And another great thing happening and getting ironed out is that our Lady, who comes and graces Paladin and I from time to time, and the only person I share him with, is going to be riding with me and the critters to TX. It looks like we are leaving the 5th of March. And she will stay with us in Tx until the 22 as the 20th is her BD and Paladin and I will give her a most marvy BD ... as well as she has best friends who live about an hour from us! So we'll be staying near her friends when we get there, and Paladin will fly down to sign papers on the 15th, and back if he can't drive at that time. And then drive down afterwards. It depends on the timing of many things. But we and the critters will be there and ready..

So.. this Valentines official date of the 14th, was a day of 24/7 changes.. and that's.. a dream come true! Each day brings us closer to what we never really dreamed was possible!!!

Best to all,
Mystress




3 comments:

Little Butterfly said...

Mystress, you sound so happy. :) I'm really enjoying your blog. Btw, Daddy and I also love Grimm.

mouse said...

Mystress,

Sending big hugs your way!

Hugs,
mouse

Mystress said...

Thank you to Little Butterfly and mouse for the kind words! I am happy! Being with Paladin 24/7 is amazing. I wish all the best to you two, and all others as well
hugs,
Mystress